By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 3 Brand NEW Forza 3 screenshots.

Hahaha!

I bought the game and clocked quite a few hours in it ^ ^

"Don't feed the trolls" works when trolls are just hoping for attention but in this forum many trolls don't care for that, because they are not "trolling" in the strict "old" usenet meaning. Many are just doing it just for self-serving purposes.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
kanariya said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
kanariya said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
kanariya said:
rckrz6 said:
^ gt runs at 1280x1080 in game which is not 1080p

Wasn't someone trying to compare this to the psp game?

1080p definition from wiki.

1080p is the shorthand name for a category of HDTV video modes. The number "1080" represents 1,080 lines of vertical resolution (1080 horizontal scan lines),[1] while the letter p stands for progressive scan (meaning the image is not interlaced). 1080p can be referred to as full HD or full high definition to differentiate it from other HDTV video modes.[2] The term usually assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, implying a horizontal resolution of 1920 pixels. This creates a frame resolution of 1920×1080, or 2,073,600 pixels in total. The frame rate in hertz can be either implied by the context or specified after the letter p (or i), such as 1080p30, meaning 30 Hz.[3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p

Are you doing this on purpose?

What do you mean?

If 1080p means exact 1920x1080, then is it 1080p for the future 21:9 TV that displays 2560 x 1080?

Like the wiki said, 1080p is a shorthand name for 1080 vertical lines.
People assume 1080p is 1920x1080 because of the common 16:9 ratio.

Still, the ITU standards (of which 1080p is a subset) are not defined by the generation but rather the output. According to the ITU, anything scaled to 1080p can and should be called 1080p. 

Thank you for proving my point. Source would be great.

GT5P is 1080p by definition.

According to what I said, a Game Boy outputting to a scaler then feeding an upscaled 1080p signal is a valid 1080p source according to ITU definitions.

Are you sure you are trying to say GT5 renders at Game Boy resolutions? Don't quite fits your profile...

By the way, ITU documentation ain't public domain - you have to pay for it. I paid for mine, you can pay for yours ;)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:

According to what I said, a Game Boy outputting to a scaler then feeding an upscaled 1080p signal is a valid 1080p source according to ITU definitions.

Are you sure you are trying to say GT5 renders at Game Boy resolutions? Don't quite fits your profile...

By the way, ITU documentation ain't public domain - you have to pay for it. I paid for mine, you can pay for yours ;)

By that means the Game Boy is Upscaled to 1080p. Not native 1080p, like most of the games this gen.

GT5P is running natively 1080p, while upscaled to 1920 pixels horizontally.

By the standard you provided, it's 1080p.

axumblade said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Hahaha!

I bought the game and clocked quite a few hours in it ^ ^

"Don't feed the trolls" works when trolls are just hoping for attention but in this forum many trolls don't care for that, because they are not "trolling" in the strict "old" usenet meaning. Many are just doing it just for self-serving purposes.

I've heard that the customization is badass in forza. I know some people who just edited the image on their cars the whole time instead of playing the game. But I'll have to check into it most definitely.

I know what you're talking about with the trolls around here. I'll be the first to admit that I offer my "bias opinion" in most cases. Many people on here seem to offer "the truth." lol.

It is badass indeed because it basically allows you to use the entire vehicle as the canvas. The issue is you can't draw anything, nor transfer pc images. The toolset for making the customized liveries involved a set of primitives (circles, squares, ovals, etc) you overlap in order to create the final image. It requires time and skill - personally, I wanted to make a mock up of the painting on Guardia Civil cars (that's the militarized police that patrols spanish roads) and ended giving up on it. Granted I suck at "art" and have null experience using computers to draw... Yeah, I'm guilty of that aswell but I don't go over to someone's elses to preach their kitchen stinks.

Forza 3 is causing all kinds of controversy. Must mean it looks damn good.

Around the Network

Quit talking about GT5 in a Forza 3 thread lol.

selnor said:

Game is absolutely beautiful. The cars look so good 1mill ploygons???? Definately the best looking cars in a game.

Anyway here they are.

Look at the detail on this next pic, you can see the individual tread on the left front, and the actual reflections make the paint colour look so real. Gobsmacked. Make it full size to see the intricate tread. No wonder it like 1 mill polys. Even the glare above the back left arch you can see what appears to be as if someone left polish smears. This is major detailed.

The roof of the middle pic is ugly though.

These pictures look amazing. But are we sure they're in-game? I hope they are!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

JaggedSac said:
Forza 3 is causing all kinds of controversy. Must mean it looks damn good.

To be honest, it does look pretty good.

I think graphic wise they are comparable, but is it necessary to downplay it's competition with comments like "owning GT5" to make Forza look superior?

kanariya said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

By that means the Game Boy is Upscaled to 1080p. Not native 1080p, like most of the games this gen.

GT5P is running natively 1080p, while upscaled to 1920 pixels horizontally.

By the standard you provided, it's 1080p.

Aw gosh, you still don't get it.

"Native" 1080p has no meaning. The standard is a delivery standard, it isn't concerned about how the image was created, it's only concerned on how it's delivered. A Game Boy attached to an upscaler is as much a valid 1080p source as is a blue-ray source.

Technically speaking, 1280x1080 non-square pixels (which is what GT5 renders to) doesn't fit any HD standard. It isn't "natively" 1080p, if anything it's "natively between 720p and 1080p". And that's between periods because "native HD" is a term I've only seen used on fanboy warz, no one in the industry uses it. We refer to it as "full raster" and 1280x1080 stretched pixels is not "full raster 1080p". It's an intermediate pathway probably chosen by PD because vertical resolution matters a lot in cockpit view where the dash eats a chunk of the screen - given how much cockpits was one of GT5 stellar features, it's within the realm of the probable they optimized the game towards it.