By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 maxed out, PlayStation3 isn't.

Probably not.. we saw some amazing titles pushing the PS2 graphically almost 8 yrs after its release. SO the 360 with only a little over 3.5 yrs under its belt, has a lot to accomplish. Heck I m sure some1 will figure out how to make a "crysis level" game.. Its only a matter of time, really.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
rckrz6 said:
flame bait.. why do you post this

You say flamebait about anything that is negative about 360.

OT: Maybe Mass Effect 2 is the peak of 360...

This belongs in either the Gaming or Sony section... as for maxing the console out... God of War 2 looked amazing... nearly leaps and bound better than stuff just two years earlier on the PS2.  There reaches a point of leveling out when it comes to multi platform games, but aside from that I hardly think either console has truly been maxed out... devs are still in the beginning stages of parallel processor programming.

haha who cares, its not like at 360s "maxxed out" state the games look worse compared to ps3, in fact its the other way around, i dont see ps3 games being extraordinary superior compared to 360 games, gt5 looks good, well guess what. with all that time and money poured into the project what did you expect? i believe that money, time and dedication is what makes a game look good. it was never about the hardware, both consoles are similar, sure uncharted looks gorgeous, but unreals engine can just as well duplicate the same thing when developers decides to do so like in gears of war 2. what is one thing the ps3 in terms of graphics can do that 360 absolutely cannot do?

I think FORZA3 over GT5P says NOOOOO

madcrazy said:

i think alan awake says no.

oh please all the titles that the ps3 has released exclusively this year and are going to be releasing look better then Alan Wake. Uncharted 2 better. Heavy Rain WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER Eye Pet BETTER. pixar quality right dare kid. no contest to be honest. i could name even more games like GT and KZ2 but i cant be arsed to continue

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Has anyone got actual in game screenshots/gameplay footage of the XBOX 360 version of alan wake , does anyone even know what alan wake is about ? . It's a sad state of affairs when fanboys try to tout games that they have no clue about as graphical powerhouses.

Sony has proven consistently that the PS3 is a graphical powerhouse , it's no suprise to me that the industr is begining to confirm this , it has however been known for a long time that the PS3 graphicaly suprases it's rival . Uncharted , GT5:P , Ratchet and Clank etc ( I could go on) have consistently proven the PS3's graphical superiority.

Considering that the PS3 is already prooven to be ahead of the 360 ( Killzone 2) it'll be interesting to see the results of it pulling further ahead ( Heavy Rain , Uncharted 2 ?)

NoCtiS_NoX said:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=11181

EA: 360 maxed out, PlayStation3 isn't

Soderlund's comments came during E3, as he spoke to OXM about Microsoft's E3 presence.

"I like the Natal," he says. "That's cool. It's an interesting device, so I'm truly impressed by Xbox. It's my personal favourite console... I think Microsoft is on a roll right now. They're doing really well. If I was Sony, I would have a headache, to be honest."

However, he then goes on to say "Sony has a lot of good games this year. If you go to their booth, there's a very consistent, high quality product line-up and that will help them. I do think that we'll see developers inside the organisation getting to understand the PS3 better and I think that we're getting more power out of PS3 right now... I think that we've maxed out the 360 but we haven't maxed out the PS3."

Do you guys agree?

Discuss.

I guess you haven't been here very long. If you were, you'd know that everyone on VGC are experts on the consoles and know when a system is maxed out (without even developing for the system), and that developers don't know shit (who have been developing for the consoles for years). Add in a little bit of "When was the last time they made a good game?" and then NO developer has any credibility, because the quality of a game is subjective. Add a dash of "I think" and "there's no way they're right", then VGC members actually become the developers themselves! Which is even funnier because these members believe that developers don't know shit. The result: The same posting members DON'T KNOW SHIT!!

So of course they don't agree

@selnor How do you know those games *aren't* pushing the 360? And secondly....no. Uncharted 2 and Heavy is all I have to say

Gh0st4lifE said:
Pro-Sony predictions have consistently been misleading. I prefer actual facts, and facts are, until now, pro 360, sorry.

Care to elaborate on this highly inaccurate post ?.

Didn't I read somewhere that Red Faction maxed out the 360? Sorry, Soderland. It's already been done.

Imperial said:
Has anyone got actual in game screenshots/gameplay footage of the XBOX 360 version of alan wake , does anyone even know what alan wake is about ? . It's a sad state of affairs when fanboys try to tout games that they have no clue about as graphical powerhouses.

Sony has proven consistently that the PS3 is a graphical powerhouse , it's no suprise to me that the industr is begining to confirm this , it has however been known for a long time that the PS3 graphicaly suprases it's rival . Uncharted , GT5:P , Ratchet and Clank etc ( I could go on) have consistently proven the PS3's graphical superiority.

Considering that the PS3 is already prooven to be ahead of the 360 ( Killzone 2) it'll be interesting to see the results of it pulling further ahead ( Heavy Rain , Uncharted 2 ?)

Did you even watch E3? M$ 360 gameplay demo at E3 right Here. Sorry bout Youtube quality, but Gametrailers is down right now.