By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Magazine: The Conduit Review

hold on a sec... you guys are right...this isnt nintendo power?! its a fake. isnt this like the second or third fake reveiw from NP for this game?

Around the Network

They still review games for the Wii with number scores? seriously I have a Nintendo power subscription but I must skip over the reviews scores because I don't see how an arbitrary number put on a game should effect my purchase. I have only gone to the metacritic site once and that was to make sure OOT was really the best game on there or not (had to make sure and I was happy to see that it was) what's the big deal about reviews anyways?

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Official Nintendo Magazine is a separate entity from Nintendo Power. ONM is based in the UK.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

lol real or not, is it really going to effect people's purchase decisions? I think the effect is minimal at best.

superchunk said:
So in reading it and considering the options Wii has for shooters, it seems like a great buy. Online sounds really good too.

I think the score is more in comparison with PS360 shooters vs comparing to Wii shooters. Obvious differences in capabilities especially since this is HVS' first attempt.

So far still getting it. Really waiting for IGN's review and a few others.

Need to see if this is a legit review for one thing.  Secondarily, need to see what other reviews are.  What you wrote is NOT good, if The Conduit is supposed to be a game changer.  In order for there NOT to be ire for saying the game is a good FPS, FOR THE WII, rather than a good FPS on any console, it needs to score higher.  It needs to do things that show the Wii is a good choice for FPS.  It needs to win this battle.  It is important it does that by the sheer IRE I have received by saying that the game should be judged as a Wii game, and not one compared to all other games.  Apparently hardcore Wii fanboys want the Wii to deliver in EVERY SINGLE GENRE.

Around the Network

lol with so much Wii hate, I doubt that'd happen anyways.

[DELETE]

well pretty much anybody who wasnt crazy figured this game would be average to slightly above average. Atleast i did but a 76 isnt that bad considering the other FPS choices wii owners have

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Review doesn't sound that bad - worst thing they said, is that the game is repetitive (and environments/enemies dull). I can live with that - I just want a decent FPS for the Wiimote support.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Reading the second page, the 2 paragraphs on the online multiplayer were very positive. If I were to get it (which I probably wouldn't because I don't like FPS) I would be getting it for this.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.