By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto responds to Natal, Sony Motion Control

Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario and Zelda and one of the key creative driving forces behind Nintendo, has said he is 'not worried' by the motion controllers introduced by Sony and Microsoft at this year's E3.

"The fact that both of those companies are looking at getting the gamer off the couch, taking advantage of motion control, and getting them to control the game by moving their body shows that they have looked at what we have done with Wii' the Nintendo star told BBC News, "And now they are moving in the same direction. To that end we are very flattered.'

Source

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love Shiggy.

Around the Network

they should be flattered

Does flattered mean, "I told you so?"

Sometimes my vocabulary isn't that great.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I hope Shigeru Miyamoto knows there are gamers like me that sit on the bed or a nice comfy chair - most certainly not a couch. My couch just isn't comfy enough.

@amp
c'mon man don't bring it there. He should be flattered, and his response was very professional.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Does flattered mean, "I told you so?"

Sometimes my vocabulary isn't that great.

I think the term flattered in this context means, "Our direction was the right direction all along!"

EDIT: @ prof - you gotta read between the lines sometimes!

Much more class than that dork at the Microsoft conference trying to take pot shots at Nintendo. This just seals Nintendo as the victor of this generation when the other two blatantly copy the marketing strategy. Anyway, I am excited to see what the competition will do for Nintendo in that they will only step there game up even more.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

shit, you kidding? They know some gamers sit on coaches, hence the Black Wii MH3 bundled with trad. controller.

Im starting to think this 2nd half of the gen. is going to prove why audience expansion produces better core sales. Wait and see.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

No need to rest on your laurels, being first is good but you need to keep innovating. At the moment in the public domain Microsoft have probably got the innovation crown (Of course it needs to exist in the shops and actually work as demonstrated) and Sony the impetus (they have a date).

I am not saying that the Wii has that much to worry about initially and I know they have touted something new as well, although this did not make much in the way of news.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Sony announces an accessory for a motion technology they introduced 7 years ago and they are copying Nintendo? Interesting.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.