By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've joined the Nintendo ranks again

Super Mario Kart Wii
The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption (or wait and get the trilogy)
Boom Blox
Boom Blox : Bash Party
Klonoa
Madworld (if you want something violent)

Some games that haven't released yet or I just haven't picked up yet:

Muramasa
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Tiger Woods 10
The Conduit

www.djtraverse.com

Around the Network
Hapimeses said:
nordlead said:
I've only played the WipEout HD demo, but I think F-Zero is much better. F-Zero doesn't have weapons though. You race really fast in a similar manner, and then you can do side attacks to knock people off the tracks. I only played GX at my cousins place, but I loved F-Zero and F-Zero X.

I think all the Paper Mario games are great. Paper Mario: TTYD is better than the original, and if you like RPGs is definitely worth it. Super Paper Mario is a really good platformer with RPG elements and a long yet humorous story, however only get it if you like new and interesting things, because it is nothing like any Mario before it.

I reckon I'm petty much sold on Paper Mario in its various incarnations now. However, F-Zero is still to convince me, especially as I've never been the biggest racing fan. Is it really that good?

If you liked WipEout I really don't see how you couldn't like F-Zero. I would easily recommend it to anyone who likes competitive racing games. If Mario Kart is the only type of racing game you like, then I wouldn't recomned F-Zero.

I buy a few racing games each generation, and F-Zero is one of the games I would buy if it came out. I didn't get it on GC mostly because when I was buying games for my GC I wasn't aware that it came out.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Hapimeses said:

Wii Fit is getting the most use just now, although I'm enjoying Galaxy as well. SSBB has yet to grab us, but that may change. The biggest surprise is that I've quite enjoyed the boxing in Wii Sports, although the controls are not precise at all. How are the controls on Punch-Out!! in comparison? The Golf game is just rubbish, but that's probably because I'm comparing it to Everybody's Golf, which is really good on PS3.

There's really no comparison between Wii Boxing and Punch-Out!! They're completely different types of games. Punch-Out!! plays much like the classic NES and SNES games, with motions taking the place of B and A buttons. It's binary, not analogue, like Wii Boxing is, with precise timing and preset animations.

That being said, Punch-Out!! Wii is a great game if you loved the classics, with way more content, deeper gameplay, and a fantastic difficulty curve. Play with motions if you want more immersion and calorie burning, or play it NES-style if you want more precision and relaxation.

And if you want a kickass golf game for Wii, get Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 with Wii MotionPlus bundle. It's amazing. No confusing backswing with foreswing or out of control putting. Controls are precise and responsive, and incredibly immersive. Also comes with a disc golf mode which is great for multiplayer.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

@Hapimeses, because you have to make a new town in order for the punch-out!! code to work. It only works in that town supposedly. So unless you want your town name to be Tzu then you would have to have two cards to transfer the game back to your town (you can visit between towns by having both memory cards inserted. So you go dump off the game in your town then you can delete the old town. This is the Animal Crossing on GCN not Wii. They took out the NES games for the DS and Wii game since they were about to start using the VC on Wii. So the only version that has old NES games on it is the GCN version or first version.

Okay, now for this new Town name and name, this is what it is if you want PunchOut.
TOWN NAME:Tzu
NAME: (sp)Lao ----- The (sp) means a space so it should look like this.
Town Name:Tzu
Name: Lao (Only 1 space)

And here is the code to get Punch Out!
3Ec5za9xYcxkLm
yYR9ry0z%ucJ6V

http://forums.gamewinners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297489

I haven't tried it yet so not sure if it works but the person on the forum says he tried it and it worked. Gamefaqs has most of the codes for the other NES game. I picked up AC for GCN used again for about $15 (I am sure you can find it cheaper). I am not sure why I sold it before since it has all those NES games. I would get the Wii version to play though mainly because there are a lot of improvements in the gameplay, but if you are wanting old school NES games it is perfect to pick up the GCN version since you just have to go to Nook and give him a code for most games.

CbDahLBdaDh98d 9ub8ExzZKwu7Zl Balloon Fight
1n5%N%8JUjE5fj lEcGr4%ync5eUp Baseball
bA5PC%8JUjE5fj ljcGr4%ync5EUp DK Jr. Math
2n5@N%8JUjE5fj ljcGr4%ync5EUp Donkey Kong
3%Q4fhMTRByAY3 05yYAK9zNHxLd7 Exitebike
Crm%h4BNRbu98d 9un8exzZKwo7Zl Golf
bA5PC%8JUjE5fj 1EcGr4%ync5eup Wario's Woods

Those are from Gamefaqs website and there are a few more like Soccer, Tennis, etc..

Excitebike, Punch-Out!!, and Balloon Fight are very fun games for me. I for some reason bought Punch-Out!! on VC right before I got the idea to get AC for GCN again.

I totally agree that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is definately worth checking out.

Also, since you wanted to hear about virtual console games and RPGs I would recommend the classic Super Nintendo RPGs.

Secret of mana has a beautiful art style, and has cooperative play, which is amazing considering it's an RPG.

Chrono trigger is still pretty unique to this day even if it's an old game. It's long and it has a very unique art style for an RPG.

Final Fantasy III (VI) Is probably good, although I haven't played it.

Super Mario RPG is yet another unique RPG. If you like Mario and RPGs, then you can't go wrong with this one.

As for new RPGs, Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a New World is coming out in Europe soon. It's not as good as the original Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube though.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers is coming out soon as well. You should keep track of that game, maybe it turns out to be pretty good.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Hapimeses said:
Dante G said:
There's Secret of Mana on the VC. It's a squaresoft action RPG with multiplayer. Definitely a classic.

Also, about Mario RPGs, they're all good. Super Mario RPG (SNES) and Paper Mario (N64) are both great choices.

On Wiiware I would recommend World of Goo. As some people said before, there's a demo available for pc for you to try it before taking the plunge.

The Paper Mario games, as I mentioned above are on the list now. Secret of Mana I know little about; is it worth playing even now?

As for World of Goo, I'm holding off on that just now (I'll get it for someone's birthday, methinks).

About Secret of Mana, I haven't bought it yet from the VC. I played it with an emulator not so long ago and It has aged pretty well. If you've seen chrono trigger before, it looks like that one, but the combat is kinda like zelda, but with menus for magic. There are 3 playable characters that can be played by real people after you get them through the story. The main character is a like warrior, then you get a girl with healing magic and the third one you get is a black mage... a tiny black mage :)

Here's the entry for it in wikipedia, it's got screen shots and concept art if you want to know how does the game look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_of_Mana