By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've joined the Nintendo ranks again

hsrob said:

I second the above.  World of Goo is great, one of my favourite Wii games.  You can try the PC demo if you like or just trust us and buy it.

Hmm, good idea. I never thought of that. Thanks.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Both trauma centers are a ton of fun and I've played both most the way through. I never got around to buying them though as there were always other games I wanted more.

The controls are perfect for the game. You use the joystick on the nunchuck to select what you want to use, and then the IR pointer and A/B buttons on the Wii Remote to use them. You have various situations (most of them totally unrealistic) and you show up and save the person from dieing at the last moment.

The game doesn't make sense too much of the time, because when you cut them open they are typically in fine physical shape just by looking at them, but when you get inside there is all sorts of crap going on. So you cut the guy open, and you find the entire remains of a shattered beer bottle and you wonder to yourself "how did that get in there with no outside cuts?"

So while strange and not making too much sense, you go off to fight mutant diseases and do all sorts of cool fast doctor stuff and the game is really challenging, but you can tone down the difficulty if you can't beat a stage.

Actually, that sounds like it could be more fun that I initially gave it credit for. I'll see if I can spot this for cheap somewhere.

killeryoshis said:
Me said:
Zak and Wiki
No More Heroes
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Little King Story (kids friendly)
SMG
Overkill (my favourite game again right now)
Pikmin Series (kids friendly)
MP series
Korinpa (kids friendly and seriously underrated title)
Excite trucks (kids friendly)
Mario Kart (kids friendly)
Broken Sword (great game if you like point & click)

Wii Ware (all kids friendly)
World of Goo
Lost Winds
Toki Tori
Dr Mario

That game will be too hard for little kids zack and wiki

Little king story is rated T that's not kid friendly

Pikmin is very hard for little kids. It'll make them break the controllers

All the games are ok. But becareful which you pick

Get pikmin New play control :)

I shouldn't worry about every game being perfect for kids. My wife and I will use the console far more than my kids. I'm more interested in great games, regardless of the target demographic.

NunedQ said:
also, if u get (or have) a gc controller, get Paper Mario: The Thousand year Door
its an easy RPG so kids can play, but its fun for all ages. (my all time favorite game)

Cool. Sounds perfect.

if you delete a wiiware/vc game off the wii, you'll still keep the save data, since it's in a different file. then if you want to play it again, you can redownload the game for free.

you can also get a sd card and put the games on that and run them from there now.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Around the Network
vonboysp said:
if you delete a wiiware/vc game off the wii, you'll still keep the save data, since it's in a different file. then if you want to play it again, you can redownload the game for free.

you can also get a sd card and put the games on that and run them from there now.

Thanks for that. It was what I figured was the case, but I wasn't sure. I'm pretty sure I have an SD card lying around somewhere -- I'll go have a look.

Out of curiosity, how many games can the Wii hold without a memory card (on average -- I, of course, understand that different games take up different amounts of space)? I only have Super Mario Land for the SNES so far, but I'm considering more.

Also, is it true that $1 buys 100 Wii-point things? If so, then Nintendo is screwing me and everyone else in the UK -- not cool.

well, the wii has about 2000 blocks of space (give or take a couple hundred) and the biggest the games can be is 320 blocks, so at the worst, it's like 6 games.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

The Conduit**
Madworld @
Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatosk ?
No More Heroes @
No More Heroes II**
Okami (PS2 Port) @
Pikmin 3**
Mario Kart Wii @
Soul Calibur Legends $
Super Mario Galaxy @
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess @
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn @
Red Steel II $
House of Dead: Overkill $
Dead Rising: Chop till you Drop ?
Resident Evil 4 @
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins ?
Monster Hunter III **
Deadly Creatures ?
Super Smash Bros Brawl @@@
Baroque $
Pokemon Battle Revolution $
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles **
Fragile: Farewell to Ruins ?
Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse **
Dragon Quest X **
Capcom vs. Tatsunoku **
Muramasa: The Demon Blade **
Sin and Punishment II **
Super Paper Mario ?
Metroid Prime III: Corruption ?
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles $
Call of Duty: World At War ?
Battalion Wars II $ @
Cursed Mountain **
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories **
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love **
RE: Darkside Chronicles
Wii Fit $ (vs. Gym)
Wario Ware $
Link’s Crossbow Training $ @
Animal Crossing: City Folk @
Punchout: Wii @
Wii Sports Resort **
Wii Sports $
Wii Music ?
Mario Party 8
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Rock Band ?
Rayman’s Raving Rabbids **
Mario Strikers Charged ?
Bomberman Land ?
Ghost Squad $
Castle of Shikigami III $
Elebits @
De Blob ?
Dewey’s Adventure ?
Endless Ocean $
Little King’s Story **
Mario Super Sluggers ?
Overlord: Dark Legend **
Trauma Center: New Blood

**=Unreleased
$=Cheap (Doesn’t mean it sucks though)
?=Don’t Got, Can't Say anything
@=Fave
@@@=Brawl

ask me if you have any questions

vonboysp said:
well, the wii has about 2000 blocks of space (give or take a couple hundred) and the biggest the games can be is 320 blocks, so at the worst, it's like 6 games.

Erk! That's not many at all. Especially if I'm using blocks for other stuff like the Wii Fit channel and saves and the like. I certainly couldn't download and play all the titles I'm intending to. Dang. So, I'll need to find an SD card, then. Does the Wii have any limitations to the SD cards it can take? Actually, looking about, it can now take an SDHC card with a capacity up to 32GB. That should do just fine! Anyone had any issues with this?

9Chiba said:

The Conduit**
Madworld @
Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatosk ?
No More Heroes @
No More Heroes II**
Okami (PS2 Port) @
Pikmin 3**
Mario Kart Wii @
Soul Calibur Legends $
Super Mario Galaxy @
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess @
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn @
Red Steel II $
House of Dead: Overkill $
Dead Rising: Chop till you Drop ?
Resident Evil 4 @
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins ?
Monster Hunter III **
Deadly Creatures ?
Super Smash Bros Brawl @@@
Baroque $
Pokemon Battle Revolution $
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles **
Fragile: Farewell to Ruins ?
Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse **
Dragon Quest X **
Capcom vs. Tatsunoku **
Muramasa: The Demon Blade **
Sin and Punishment II **
Super Paper Mario ?
Metroid Prime III: Corruption ?
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles $
Call of Duty: World At War ?
Battalion Wars II $ @
Cursed Mountain **
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories **
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love **
RE: Darkside Chronicles
Wii Fit $ (vs. Gym)
Wario Ware $
Link’s Crossbow Training $ @
Animal Crossing: City Folk @
Punchout: Wii @
Wii Sports Resort **
Wii Sports $
Wii Music ?
Mario Party 8
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Rock Band ?
Rayman’s Raving Rabbids **
Mario Strikers Charged ?
Bomberman Land ?
Ghost Squad $
Castle of Shikigami III $
Elebits @
De Blob ?
Dewey’s Adventure ?
Endless Ocean $
Little King’s Story **
Mario Super Sluggers ?
Overlord: Dark Legend **
Trauma Center: New Blood

**=Unreleased
$=Cheap (Doesn’t mean it sucks though)
?=Don’t Got, Can't Say anything
@=Fave
@@@=Brawl

ask me if you have any questions

Yes, I have questions. Too many to list, indeed. It's a big list, but much of it means nothing to me. Which of those game, for you, are the best? What genres are they? Why are they better than the other games? Y'know, that sort of stuff. Why do you like 'em? You have to treat me as an utter noob, because, in short, I am. But, I'm catching up.