By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think this E3 has killed Sony is Dead Threads?

Wyku said:
I think it's just spurred on more "Wait until 2010!" threads.

exactly. all they did was tease games and said 2010 release dates...

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Reasonable doubt about the potential long term success of Sony as a company were based on doubts about the viability of the business model that made Sony so successful, and the underlying trouble that is evident in Sony's financial statements ... When we're talking about Sony as a Console manufacturer there are legitimate concerns about the PS3 and PSP because they are (currently) unable to maintain their sales rate due to Sony's inability to justify their price tag with high quality exclusive content and E3 really hasn't changed that.

While it is insane to assume there won't be a PS3 on the market in 2010, I think it is entirely reasonable to suggest that the PS3 may be struggling in 2011 if something doesn't change for the PS3 (and fast).

What do you think adding five million more PS3's sold in Japan following  FFXIV's release would do for PS3?

Ton77 said:
Wyku said:
I think it's just spurred on more "Wait until 2010!" threads.

exactly. all they did was tease games and said 2010 release dates...

2010 will be huge for PS3 considering huge games coming and probably price cut by then.

Sony's PSP Go is enough to fuck them up.

"The PS3 is not like the Wii where everyone and their mother has one but it's being used as a coaster and not for playing games."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Hh3tBdHwM

couldnt resist.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Sony's PSP Go is enough to fuck them up.

If they didn't have two killer aps like Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker and GT PSP to go along with it, I would agree with you, but since they have them I don't.

And I do think it is more reasonably priced than DS Lite at $129.99 when the DSi is out.  And the DSi at $169.99 with a $249.99 Wii out seems a little shady to me too as someone that would be willing to get one of these systems but that is finding the price for what you get just not compelling enough in the face of what Sony offers.

txrattlesnake said:
HappySqurriel said:

Reasonable doubt about the potential long term success of Sony as a company were based on doubts about the viability of the business model that made Sony so successful, and the underlying trouble that is evident in Sony's financial statements ... When we're talking about Sony as a Console manufacturer there are legitimate concerns about the PS3 and PSP because they are (currently) unable to maintain their sales rate due to Sony's inability to justify their price tag with high quality exclusive content and E3 really hasn't changed that.

While it is insane to assume there won't be a PS3 on the market in 2010, I think it is entirely reasonable to suggest that the PS3 may be struggling in 2011 if something doesn't change for the PS3 (and fast).

What do you think adding five million more PS3's sold in Japan following FFXIV's release would do for PS3?

If we're playing in imagination land why don't we just assume that the PS3 will be $1?

The best selling PS2 Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy X which sold a little over 3 million units in Japan ... The PS3 is more expensive than the PS2, the PS3 is less popular than the PS2, and many of the people who will eventually buy Final Fantasy already own a PS3 so why would 5 Million people buy a PS3 to play Final Fantasy XIII?

A far more realistic estimate would be 500,000 people between now and the end of the generation will buy a PS3 and Final Fantasy XIII will be one of the top 10 factors which determined their purchase of the system ...

Where there is success, there is hating on that success.

People are morons, you cant kill ignorance.

HappySqurriel said:
txrattlesnake said:
HappySqurriel said:

What do you think adding five million more PS3's sold in Japan following FFXIV's release would do for PS3?

If we're playing in imagination land why don't we just assume that the PS3 will be $1?

The best selling PS2 Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy X which sold a little over 3 million units in Japan ... The PS3 is more expensive than the PS2, the PS3 is less popular than the PS2, and many of the people who will eventually buy Final Fantasy already own a PS3 so why would 5 Million people buy a PS3 to play Final Fantasy XIII?

A far more realistic estimate would be 500,000 people between now and the end of the generation will buy a PS3 and Final Fantasy XIII will be one of the top 10 factors which determined their purchase of the system ...

I didn't say 5 million for FFXIII.  I say 2 million for FFXIII,  2 million for GT5, and 2 million for FF Versus XIII.  And probably an additional 2 million for FFXIV.  Bringing in 4 million new PS3 owners in Japan following the release of FF XIV.  I think those are very reasonable expectations especially when you have other games I'm not counting that will also appeal to Japanese gamers like whatever Sega's follow up to the latest Yakuza is, Tales of Vesperia PS3, Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Rising PS3, Lost Planet 2, The Last Guardian, and other games from Japanese studios that will follow these especially since many Japanese studios won't feel inclined to make HD games on 360 when the PS3 has an advantage of 8 million PS3s sold in Japan to 2 million on 360.

With all of the above, it isn't unreasonable to think the PS3 will pass 10 million consoles sold in Japan this gen.