By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft plans on making Halo, Call of Duty playable with Project Natal

He's poking (heh, no pun intended) fun at the statement.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
ironman said:
Guys, you wouldn't have to use button or a toy gun. To shoot you could simply say bang, or move a finger, the possibilities are endless. I do disagree with the idea of selling games that only work with NATAL or only work with the 360 controller. Who the hell would they buy NATAL, if they had to buy a second copy of Gears of War or Halo? I say make all the games support both controllers.

that would rule, but it would probably decrease game quality

i mean it has to be designed exclusively for Natal in order to be great, like Wii exclusives, it's not the same to design a game for a controller and motion control at the same time, since Natal has not even one button : P it would be hard, but who knows, maybe they can figure something out!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

The NATAL software may very well compensate for any game play "loss" that occurs from using NATAL

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
ironman said:
Guys, you wouldn't have to use button or a toy gun. To shoot you could simply say bang, or move a finger, the possibilities are endless. I do disagree with the idea of selling games that only work with NATAL or only work with the 360 controller. Who the hell would they buy NATAL, if they had to buy a second copy of Gears of War or Halo? I say make all the games support both controllers.

i mean it has to be designed exclusively for Natal in order to be great, like Wii exclusives, it's not the same to design a game for a controller and motion control at the same time, since Natal has not even one button : P it would be hard, but who knows, maybe they can figure something out!

I still don't see why Microsoft wouldn't just give us just a single analog controller, no buttons, like the nun-chuk. You could do just about everything else with your body.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
ironman said:

I still don't see why Microsoft wouldn't just give us just a single analog controller, no buttons, like the nun-chuk. You could do just about everything else with your body.

i know.... that would be just perfect

but seems that Microsoft wanted to emphasize the "you are the controller" concept, i mean no buttons, voice/face recognition....

at least the console war may have some interest again...  : P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Shadowblind said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
ironman said:

but seems that Microsoft wanted to emphasize the "you are the controller" concept, i mean no buttons, voice/face recognition....

at least the console war may have some interest again... : P

i think they plan to make sport games and thats about it. Thats fine but Sony and Nintendo have a huge advantage bcoz they planned in advance to use it in many other types of game.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Shadowblind said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
ironman said:

at least the console war may have some interest again... : P

i think they plan to make sport games and thats about it. Thats fine but Sony and Nintendo have a huge advantage bcoz they planned in advance to use it in many other types of game.

since you mentioned Sports games, I have to ask this question I've been thinking (although I asked in another thread and no one knew)

How would I play local multiplayer (2-4) Madden or NHL with Natal?

Also, adding a controller to Natal would totally defeat the purpose of what project Natal stands for - no buttons since you are the controller.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

megaman79 said:

that's what i think as well, the possibilities are very limited to sport games, and maybe on-rails shooter...

maybe they mean Halo and Call of Duty on rails (like Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles)