By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NASCAR in GT5 - Does it matter?

I saw this announcement and it confused me more than anything.  Now, I'm aware that Sony execs have never been that great at following American cultural trends, but surely they're aware that NASCAR fans are their own breed.  They do not appreciate "them Europeans," nor their rally cars, etc. 

Does this honestly add anything to the game?  It will also kill the realism if the NASCAR cars can survive a run on a rally track. 

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

Around the Network

It´ll matter to some people for sure, but maybe not many...it´s just a little bonus, that´s all.

I agree... this and WRC wont push sales all that much, but its a great adition, and it will please many fans ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

There will be a separate Nascar category I am sure, personally, I think the addition of the Top Gear test track is the most important addition

Its a big addition to the biggest racing game.

Of course it matters.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Of course it matters.

I guess the question is - will this push NASCAR fans to buy the game.  I find it hard to believe that it will, but then again, I'm not a big sim racing fan.

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

They probably gave it more thought than you. Then again that's no guarantee they are right, but being European and not a huge nascar fan, I welcome the addition.

Derek said:
Carl2291 said:

Of course it matters.

I guess the question is - will this push NASCAR fans to buy the game.  I find it hard to believe that it will, but then again, I'm not a big sim racing fan.

If its advertised well at NASCAR events, i cant see why it wont push the game.

Especially if its advertised as the ONLY game where you can race NASCAR.

Jaaau! said:
They probably gave it more thought than you. Then again that's no guarantee they are right, but being European and not a huge nascar fan, I welcome the addition.

I've been to a NASCAR race.  I would be surprised if there were more than a dozen PS3 owners among the 100,000+ attendees. 

I now GT5 as like an 'all-in-one' racing game =)