By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MUST SEE Long Forza 3 Gameplay videos!!!!!! WOW!

ocnkng said:
GT5P graphics is far better then this. This thing comes nowhere close.

No one I've read agrees with that. In fact, I've never even heard a Sony fan on this forum say something like that until now. Are you serious, or doing a satire?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Sony fanboys...

From IGN:

"Forza 3 will feature an all new graphics engine, with four times the texture resolution and 10 times the polys per car. It'll have 400 cars from 50 manufacturers that can race across 100 real-world tracks. New courses include Suzuka, Nürburgring Nordschleife and the Sebring International Raceway. New environments include the Montserrat region in Spain, the Amalfi Coast in Italy and the American Southwest. To give a sense of how much the visuals have improved, all 400 cars are being built with 10 times the polygons as Forza Motorsport 2."

sabby_e17 said:
Forza 3 looks very nice but GT5P looks better.

You do know that GT5P doesn't have vehicle damage right...and also doesn't looke better....lol, come on man. I respect your right to an opinion, but I reserve the right to believe that I'm not hearing a real opinion, but angsty spin. Did you really watch both games closely?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

By the way guys, the GT5 video/trailer was not CGI. It was most likely from the replay mode of the game. Just letting you know, lol!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
selnor said:
Killzowned said:
Wow Selnor, doing your best to try and say the game is better than TG5 without actually directly saying it.

But then again, what do we expect from a 360 fanboy?

LOL. Forza 3 does look better in my and many others opinion. It certainly destroys GT5P.

But needless to say GT5 and Forza 3 are close in graphics. But it's the environments that hand it to Forza 3. They are amazing.

I am tired of your blind comments, if its anything I cant stand someone that doesnt post logicly, I sadly have to resort to this:

No selnor enough, and im going to say this: FACT GT5 P OUT WEIGHS FORZA MOTORSPORT 3 GRAPHICLY, add to the fact one is RENDERED AT NEAR 1080P, and the other is 720P.

I don't know why you are so threatened by this game, but you obviously are. I know there are going to be comparisons, but there is no need to flame what is obviously a great looking game.

Yesterday, you said a crappy looking(by HD standards) PSP game in whatever resolution looked better than Forza. It's a joke. It isn't true. You are not able to give a fair opinion. It was just like this when R2 verses Gears 2 was on people's lips.

Anyway, you have your opinion, but most people disagree. With car damage, Forza 3 looks as good as GT5:P and has the damage models, so yeah. Why hate Leo-J? Stop it. You don't see me roasting MGS4 do you? Talkin' bout how Solid Snake had a jaggie on his shoulder?

Fact is, both of these games look good and you can't tell which one is better looking without an opinion. It is too close. It will come down to gameplay and quality, and both games will have it. Just look at Forza 2 reviews and GT4 metacritic.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

From what I read. Forza 3 cars can have more than 800,000 polygons while GT5 cars only 200,000. GT5 rendered at 720p then upscaled to 1080p like alot of games.

Ultibankai said:
By the way guys, the GT5 video/trailer was not CGI. It was most likely from the replay mode of the game. Just letting you know, lol!

I also thought the Forza 3 "replay mode" was CGI. Is it, or not? I'm not sure. All I know is this game has 10 times the number of polygons as Forza 2...which looked unbelievably good. Doesn't Forza 3 cars have many more polygons than GT5:P cars? I heard 5 times as many.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

magik10 said:
I never understood why people spend hours out of their time critiquing a game on a console they don't own. Some sort of a subconcious effort to convince themselves that the grass definitely is not greener on the other side? Or perhaps waiting for a mythical release date for a game on their console of choice leaves them with nothing else to do....

I'm sure GT5 will be great. Given the time, budget and man power,it should be. The surprise here is that Forza 3 has by far done the biggest leap on a sequel in the same generation than any other series. It's a massive improvement over Forza 2 and they managed to do in just 2 years time. That's impressive.

It's because their golden cow was GT5 for so long, and now MS came out of nowhere and put out a game just as good, at the last second. :P MS are bringing new competition into the market, and it even extends to the racing sim arena which is the only genre Sony has had the monopoly in for so long.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:

I am tired of your blind comments, if its anything I cant stand someone that doesnt post logicly, I sadly have to resort to this:

No selnor enough, and im going to say this: FACT GT5 P OUT WEIGHS FORZA MOTORSPORT 3 GRAPHICLY, add to the fact one is RENDERED AT NEAR 1080P, and the other is 720P.

I don't know why you are so threatened by this game, but you obviously are. I know there are going to be comparisons, but there is no need to flame what is obviously a great looking game.

Yesterday, you said a crappy looking(by HD standards) PSP game in whatever resolution looked better than Forza. It's a joke. It isn't true. You are not able to give a fair opinion. It was just like this when R2 verses Gears 2 was on people's lips.

Anyway, you have your opinion, but most people disagree. With car damage, Forza 3 looks as good as GT5:P and has the damage models, so yeah. Why hate Leo-J? Stop it. You don't see me roasting MGS4 do you? Talkin' bout how Solid Snake had a jaggie on his shoulder?

Fact is, both of these games look good and you can't tell which one is better looking without an opinion. It is too close. It will come down to gameplay and quality, and both games will have it. Just look at Forza 2 reviews and GT4 metacritic.

You may want to read that thread again and reword your response against leo-j. I notice people keep saying that he claimed GT: Portable looked better than Forza 3 but I guess we read different threads.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75297&page=2

Title of the thread is "what if I said.. GT PSP looks almost as good as Forza 3?"

If "almost as good" equals "looks better than" than I guess I need to go back through school and learn what these words actually mean.

I've seen this accusation made numerous times today and wish that people would stop claiming what is obviously false.

Here is the OP from that thread. Please by all means show me where it says "looks better than Forza 3".

As the thread title states.. Ive found something spectacular for both racing fans and PSP fans.. what is the best looking handheld game to have ever released, or be shown to date..

GRAN TURISMO PSP

dare I say it? Graphics almost as high quality as FORZA MOTORSPORT 3 on a NEXT GEN console.

Need proof? Here it is =D

So as you can see the only thing that is isn't true here is your accusation, not his "claim".

*No I am not sitting here trying to defend leo-j, I am just stating what was actually said and not the fallacy people keep stating.*

Now if you want to call him out for saying GT5: P looks better than Forza 3 you will have an argument, because that is the title he actually claimed "looked better than Forza 3".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!