By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MUST SEE Long Forza 3 Gameplay videos!!!!!! WOW!

kanariya said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

If you aren't angry, how come you are all over the place pissing all over the threads. I understand than to wait for so many years losing on so many great games hoping for the day GT5 ships means you must idolize the game up to a certain point but all the flurry of posts these days? What's going on!

I certainly can't tell you how to spend your money, but I can certainly suggest things that'll make you happier. And if you are a car-guy who's into racing games, playing racing games helps. 

Both games have tweaked physics to improve playability but Forza's "god hand protecting you" is way, way less noticeable. Additionally, the boat physics applied to cars when it comes to collisions and racetrack elements on GT5p feel very very outdated. Finally, I feel Forza 2 offers way better feedback on car handling and grip than GT5p - the way you can feel you are riding the edge of grip on Forza 2 is amazing.

Then, there's damage - you were talking about how the lack of fear changes the way we drive in these games. Well, damage brings that fear back - you won't certainly break your neck playing a game, but a bad crash and it's time to reset the race. That penalty changes the way you play and makes you consider how aggresive or not you should be driving and when you are pushing it to catch the race leader knowing a mistake will send you back to the start it ticks in a way GT5p doesn't.

Granted, I haven't played GT5p in a long time and they've been patching things up so my impressions probably aren't up to date.

As I said, you are obviously free to do whatever you want to do but if you like to play racing games sitting on GT5p ignoring the Forza's and PGR's (this one's arcadeish but so fun and varied) isn't wise. 

Damage - Yes, it's better than nothing. But face it, it's a video game. It WILL not bring you the fear of racing a real car on the track even with damage. What do you do after you crashed? Try again. What do you do after you crashed in real life? Go to the hospital. It's the fear that will stop you from driving to the line of limit and over aggressive. In a game you just pedal down to the max and brake as late as you can without much fear of crashing. Damage model will add a degree of simulation element but it won't stop you from doing the above.

Mind you I played Forza 2 over friend's place. I'm not ignoring it and I think the 3rd will be a good game. I just disagree with some of the opinions here. How hard is that?

Yeah, but it works within the context of the game to pump up the races. It works very well.

You still try to make it cool, but as much as you trying to disguise this as "just stating my opinion" the announcement of Forza 3 alongside the disappointment news as far as GT5 and its launch is concerned has triggered a flurry of angryposting from you.

It's nice you played it over some friend's place but it's obvious from your postings you'd enjoy having it at your disposal at home. Why you decide to punish yourself missing on good racing games is a question no one but you can answer.

It's quite evident E3 events have shaken something inside you. You barely posted in this forum until such events happened. 

You can complain about the noise or join the party, your choice!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
kanariya said:

For the physics part, I'm not saying which has better physics but do you have any track experience to support your opinion? Just because it feels better doesn't mean it's behaving correctly. If you don't have any experience at it I don't know what are you basing on to claim Forza has better physics. Also, were you playing with a wheel or controller?

Damage - Yes, it's better than nothing. But face it, it's a video game. It WILL not bring you the fear of racing a real car on the track even with damage. What do you do after you crashed? Try again. What do you do after you crashed in real life? Go to the hospital. It's the fear that will stop you from driving to the line of limit and over aggressive. In a game you just pedal down to the max and brake as late as you can without much fear of crashing. Damage model will add a degree of simulation element but it won't stop you from doing the above.

Mind you I played Forza 2 over friend's place. I'm not ignoring it and I think the 3rd will be a good game. I just disagree with some of the opinions here. How hard is that?

Yeah, but it works within the context of the game to pump up the races. It works very well.

You still try to make it cool, but as much as you trying to disguise this as "just stating my opinion" the announcement of Forza 3 alongside the disappointment news as far as GT5 and its launch is concerned has triggered a flurry of angryposting from you.

It's nice you played it over some friend's place but it's obvious from your postings you'd enjoy having it at your disposal at home. Why you decide to punish yourself missing on good racing games is a question no one but you can answer.

It's quite evident E3 events have shaken something inside you. You barely posted in this forum until such events happened. 

You can complain about the noise or join the party, your choice!

I don't know how to respond you. You did not reply any of my questions from my post. I'm more interested with the part that I bolded.

I don't know how hard to understand that I played enough Forza 2 over my friend's place and decided it's not worth it to buy another console plus a wheel for it.

kanariya said:

I don't know how to respond you. You did not reply any of my questions from my post. I'm more interested with the part that I bolded.

I don't know how hard to understand that I played enough Forza 2 over my friend's place and decided it's not worth it to buy another console plus a wheel for it.

Then I'm sorry for you GT5 isn't happening anytime soon. But you should learn to accept it instead of going in a posting rampage to downplay something that apparently you don't care about.

Because frankly if GT5p now and the hope for GT5 sometime in the future is all you need, how come after Forza 3 release date was announced and GT5 was a no-show besides a CGI trailer you went into a posting rampage to downplay something that supposedly you don't consider worth your time nor your money.

You are frustrated/upset about what's going on with your favorite franchise and are using the forums to vent the rage. That's not healthy.

Or what? You are gonna tell us you don't care about Forzas, you don't consider them worth your time nor your money and yet you just started spamming the forums (which is interesting considering you are not a prolific poster at all) after the E3 news to tell everyone how you don't care for Forza?

Honestly... you don't own a 360, you have no intention to own one and you don't care for its games. Yet you are posting more about what you dislike about Forza than about what you like about GT5. 

it's obvious and everyone sees through. FYI.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I for one am glad that I'll be able to play Forza 3 this year; this certainly beats waiting four years for a game with no release date. I'm not a big racer fan, but Forza 3 did impress me. Can't wait to try it out. This is gonna look gorgeous on my Bravia.

Bitmap Frogs said:

kanariya said:

Then I'm sorry for you GT5 isn't happening anytime soon. But you should learn to accept it instead of going in a posting rampage to downplay something that apparently you don't care about.

Because frankly if GT5p now and the hope for GT5 sometime in the future is all you need, how come after Forza 3 release date was announced and GT5 was a no-show besides a CGI trailer you went into a posting rampage to downplay something that supposedly you don't consider worth your time nor your money.

You are frustrated/upset about what's going on with your favorite franchise and are using the forums to vent the rage. That's not healthy.

Or what? You are gonna tell us you don't care about Forzas, you don't consider them worth your time nor your money and yet you just started spamming the forums (which is interesting considering you are not a prolific poster at all) after the E3 news to tell everyone how you don't care for Forza?

Honestly... you don't own a 360, you have no intention to own one and you don't care for its games. Yet you are posting more about what you dislike about Forza than about what you like about GT5. 

it's obvious and everyone sees through. FYI.

I was saying Forza 3 will be a good game. I don't know how you take that as a downplay.

I was disagreeing with people downplaying GT series to praise Forza and stated my opinion and you are offended by that.

Where do you see I'm frustrated/upset/angry? lol

You went as far as googling my user id to stalk me.

Oh and you dodged my questions for the 2nd time.

Did you play the games with a controller and saying Forza 2 has better physics based on what you feel?
I thought you can explain better than that. lol

I didn't say GT has better physics but I love to see proofs of how is Forza superior with supporting facts.

Around the Network

best thing is hope for a release date for gt5

only then we can pick which one is better, with official wrc and nascar, and im betting f1 also. gt5 will be the winner.

but we will have to wait and see.

meanwhile forza 3 will be the game that you will be able to get your hands on, so enjoy that for now it looks very good

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

kanariya said:

I was saying Forza 3 will be a good game. I don't know how you take that as a downplay.

I was disagreeing with people downplaying GT series to praise Forza and stated my opinion and you are offended by that.

Where do you see I'm frustrated/upset/angry? lol

You went as far as googling my user id to stalk me.

Oh and you dodged my questions for the 2nd time.

Did you play the games with a controller and saying Forza 2 has better physics based on what you feel?
I thought you can explain better than that. lol

I didn't say GT has better physics but I love to see proofs of how is Forza superior with supporting facts.

I googled you to learn about your motivations behind your spam flurry, something which you don't appear to appreciate. 

We could go on forever about this but I'm gonna pass.

You can idolize GT5 and wait for it, I'll be playing games instead.

Bitmap Frogs said:

I googled you to learn about your motivations behind your spam flurry, something which you don't appear to appreciate. 

We could go on forever about this but I'm gonna pass.

You can idolize GT5 and wait for it, I'll be playing games instead.

GT5P says hi.

So I'll take your Forza's physic > GT's physic as a false claim because you can't prove it.

Squilliam said:
AE86 said:

Wow, it's just like GT5 except without the Nascar license, WRC license, JGTC license, TV support (Top gear/Option/Best motoring etc), the graphics, the amount of cars, the amount of REAL tracks, the damage (odd how Forza is missing damage this time around but GT5 just introduced it), the fanbase/online community, and possibly the inclusion of Formula 1.

But yeah, other than that they're pretty much equal. ;)

But I get BBC on my TV. Switching discs is proved by Sony fans to be extremely difficult, so now im going to struggle to switch channels?

I feel less and less capable as a person with all the PS3 fans running around arguing how hard it is to do certain things. ;_;.

But you can always use a cool Stephen Hawking voice, or Mario's.  :)

Jaaau! said:
Squilliam said:
AE86 said:

Wow, it's just like GT5 except without the Nascar license, WRC license, JGTC license, TV support (Top gear/Option/Best motoring etc), the graphics, the amount of cars, the amount of REAL tracks, the damage (odd how Forza is missing damage this time around but GT5 just introduced it), the fanbase/online community, and possibly the inclusion of Formula 1.

But yeah, other than that they're pretty much equal. ;)

But I get BBC on my TV. Switching discs is proved by Sony fans to be extremely difficult, so now im going to struggle to switch channels?

I feel less and less capable as a person with all the PS3 fans running around arguing how hard it is to do certain things. ;_;.

But you can always use a cool Stephen Hawking voice, or Mario's.  :)

I nice consolation prize!

Tease.