By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Miss The Old Nintendo ...

*** UPDATE *** : Sorry if i offended fellow Nintendo Fans Like me, i think i over reacted when i realised my favourite nintendo franchises were not announced at E3 this year ****

Ok, will probably get some angry comments after this ... but honestly think about it, and tell me im wrong ...

WHY is Mario getting a sequel to GALAXY? after finishing galaxy i was looking forward to something NEW?!?! their just going to recycle a lot of the previous Mario galaxy game, and release a new one .... This all seems to me as if Nintendo realized they had NO games up for show at E3, because they were focusing on crap like wii fit and wii sport for casual gamers, and quickly recycled the crap of Mario galaxy and made a sequel in time for E3. This goes for the new metroid too ... They stated that metroid prime 3 was the last one for a long time ... which leads me nicely to my next point.

WHY do games like mario and metroid get a sequal on the wii, when...

• star fox
  • f zero
  • kirby
  • pikmin
  • donkey kong

... don't even get a game on wii yet in so many years. Very disappointed ...

Wow sure, we get a new mario game, hoooray! but it is visible that most of it will just be taken from the previous title, with added stuff.

Nintendo ... what about these other franchises? I have waited for a new F zero for years! and one of my favourite games on the Gamecube was Fzero GX.

Also, if you recall, Nintendo lately has had a 1 definative mario game per home console

•  Example: Mario 64 - N64 , Mario Sunshine - GC New Super Mario Brothers - DS

Why the change? I just dont understand the new nintendo, like i mention in alot of the forums, death before dishonor ... so i will remain a nintendo fan to the end, even tho they treat all thier fans like trash ... Sadly, i miss the old nintendo ...

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

Around the Network

Nes: Super Mario Brothers
Nes: Super Mario Brothers 2
Nes: Super Mario Brothers 3
SNES: Super Mario World
SNES: Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2
Game Boy: Super Mario Land
Game Boy: Super Mario Land 2
Game Boy: Super Mario Land 3

Also, please tell me that you're joking when you imply that you don't know they already announced Pikmin 3 last year.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Im saying, more recently they have been releasing one GREAT mario per console ... which is enough, but they seem to neglect their other franchises now ....

PS: yeah i heard about pikmin 3, but they didn't mention anything about it since, probably a lie to make em look like they are actually working on something other than casual gamers wii sports / fits / plays

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

Mario galaxy 2 is not going to be a rehash. He stated at his roundtable discussion that it would only recycle 90-95% of levels.

you get a new prime game because it is not in the same style as the past ones

and about mario.. newflash he makes a TON of money so more then mario makes sense

Around the Network
PeteyPeeps said:
Im saying, more recently they have been releasing one GREAT mario per console ... which is enough, but they seem to neglect their other franchises now ....

PS: yeah i heard about pikmin 3, but they didn't mention anything about it since, probably a lie to make em look like they are actually working on something other than casual gamers wii sports / fits / plays

As kitchensink as shown, OLDER NINTENDO, who you claim to miss, released multiple mario games per console while NEWER NINTENDO, who you dislike, only released one mario game per console. However, you state that one mario game per console is enough, so which is it? Do you like Old Nintendo, or New Nintendo?

@PP
sounds like you are setting a personal image of the company rather than who and what they are.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

They're back to basics man. Look, this is how I see it:

The Wii is this generation's NES. Many of the classic IPs will come back for it, such as Mario and Metroid. I've heard that there is a Kirby supposed to be in development... so that's it for the IPs they've created during the NES era.

Then, Wii 2 is going to come out and it will be next-gen's SNES. F-Zero/Star Fox/a proper Donkey Kong game will most likely come out for it!

That's a simple way to put it... I guess. I hope I'm wrong though, I want a Star Fox before Wii 2.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

shakarak said:
Mario galaxy 2 is not going to be a rehash. He stated at his roundtable discussion that it would only recycle 90-95% of levels.

No, that 90-95% is new.

@ the guy above, it's not a new Prime game

@OP: There's Starfox DS, and a rumored Kirby. Pikmin 3 is confirmed and will be here eventually. F-Zero, well meh. The thing is, the franchises you mention are Nintendo's not-as-incredible or lost-their-magic franchises. They would all be awesome to have, BUT: instead of a sequel to one of the greatest games ever? A brand new, incredible looking Metroid? Maybe it's just me, but I'm happy with things the way they are.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

This is the first console generation we haven't had an F-zero yet, and we still have many years to go. But there was only one on the SNES, one on the N64, and one on the Gamecube.

So unless you're publically stating that they will NEVER make one, I fail to see your point. We're getting way more mario than ever before, way more Metroid, and tons of other properties are in the works. (A second Zelda! We only had one on the Gamecube! One on the SNES, and one on the NES! C'mon already!!!)

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!