By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Miss The Old Nintendo ...

s1lverFoX said:
Paperdiego said:
yeah same goes for activision, ea, ubisoft and every other game maker out there..

i eman what is this guitar hero 23542352, lego rockband?? wth

another call of duty this year??/

madden 34806834689362348072578023457803703457093490534 x 2

its what games companies do.. stop bitching and get on with life.

Infinity Ward has released only 3 games in series prior to modern warfare 2, activision just whores out the CoD franchise.

Some sequels are good others are bad, but nintendo has had some of the best sequels in the industry consistantly improving thier own franchises.

EA madden is biggest scam in gaming, they never add anything important and feels like the same game every year, sides gimmicks to get you to buy next version and updated rosters, imo they could just put out update each year for a small fee.

To be fair, I don't really think too many people buy sports games on a yearly basis. I bought Madden 09 for my PS3, but not being a huge American Football fan, there's no chance I'm getting another one until the PS4 at the earliest. Same as NHL 05, I bought that for my Gamecube, and haven't bought a hockey game since.

Around the Network

There are some games that are just better suited to what Wii represents.. Punch-Out!! for example is a very good example of a game that anyone can pick up and play, it's a puzzle and reflex game at heart covered with a layer of boxing paint. So it fits what Nintendo is trying to do with Wii while it's a boxing game which means its perfect for the control scheme.

Starfox is one that is probably on the back burner with titles like Metroid and perhaps Pikmin taking priority. Some games are just better left behind while new I.P's succeed in the market place.

Not only are they bringing back classic franchises like Excite, Punch-Out!! and Sin & Punishment but they are consistantly creating games of higher quality than in previous generations and returning to franchise roots. I mean look at Mario and look at Metroid: Other M!

Reggie was absolutely right, they can't satisfy..

PeteyPeeps said:
Im saying, more recently they have been releasing one GREAT mario per console ... which is enough, but they seem to neglect their other franchises now ....

PS: yeah i heard about pikmin 3, but they didn't mention anything about it since, probably a lie to make em look like they are actually working on something other than casual gamers wii sports / fits / plays

"one GREAT mario per console ... which is enough" 

That's ridiculous. Now "fans" are complaining about too many top games. Being Nintendo must be really hard. Someone's always complaining.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

no, Mario Galaxy is my best game ever, and since Mario Galaxy 2 was announced, i couldn't be more satisfied

Pikmin 3 is coming, Zelda as well

and no, we don't miss the old, unsuccessful Nintendo that everyone used to ignore and when no-one has given support to GC but everyone used to only play Ps2 instead

if gamers really wanted the old Nintendo they wouldn't just ignore their consoles and games, and since most gamers like to ignore Nintendo they found new supporters (casuals are much better than gamers not pleased with anything) and they give awesome core games at the same time

most core gamers will never support Nintendo because they have expanded to a bigger audience and does not only focus on core games anymore, but i guess MS and Sony are heading the same way

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

That's true axumblade and also Mario Party hasn't seen a sequel in a couple of years (Although Hudson Soft does that game so it wouldn't affect other titles) Still it's nice to see.

Around the Network

Ok, sorry people ... im a Nintendo fan since nes ... im just guessing i crave some f zero / star fox and kirby over Mario, thats it, sorry if i offended. Were kewl :)

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

axumblade said:
PeteyPeeps said:
Ok, sorry people ... im a Nintendo fan since nes ... im just guessing i crave some f zero / star fox and kirby over Mario, thats it, sorry if i offended. Were kewl :)

I prefer Kirby over mario as well. I also prefer DKC to most Mario games as well. I think I might just be a HUGE New Super Mario Bros fan though because it's still my favorite DS game.

Yeah i loved Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with the bongo's! Even tho it wasnt really a ' Donkey Kong ' type game, it was great.

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...