By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I thought 360 sales would be up for halo but damn...

okay a little background on where i was, we have 12 gamespots in knoxville TN (a few still labled eb, or rhino)  I went and got a preorder at one thats in a large outside mall liek development (not quite a mall though) there are 2 gamespots within 1 minute of each  other by car 3 minutes if there is no trafic by foot. these two locations had the lowest per store number of preorders ... (i think it would be obvious why)

I get to the game spot i ordered at about 15 minutes after midnight, (watched MNF) and the line is very, very long, a rough estimation would be 30 people, got lined up... what i started noticing is about ever 5th person coming out of the store had a halo xbox which i couldnt belive because they looked so damn ugly last i saw one in person, or bought a new 360, i kept a running tally the whole time, about an hour and 15 till i bought mine and left, 48 360s had come out the door. 

now this may be unreliable information, i asked the clerck how many preorders he had while he checked my copy (SE) for scratches on disk he said they had a little more than 400 of all flavors of halo, and 65 halo 360s he also went onto say that they would be out off stock of all 360, before the next shipment if  sales kept up untll all preorders were filled

I do not know if it will be on the news, but both a local news van (abc), and the local news paper (knoxville news sentinal) both had people and cameras outt..

also my deep lothing of the press returned as they interviewed two kids, who were later arested for breaking curfew with out parental supervision  after it was discovered by the reporter they were underage and going to skip school...

we have a midnight cerfew in knox county, but not  the city, for all under 18 i did my civic duty to try and vote it down. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
goddog said:
we have a midnight cerfew in knox county

I just couldnt bring myself to live there.

I believe it. Just get your flame suit on. Someone is probably going to come along with some ammo for you.

"Well everybody has a "store in my town" story to tell and it doesnt mean jack shi...."

There will still be people out there who believe everyone who wants this game already has a 360....next weeks numbers will tell all....

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

thats why i put the whole disclaimer about quality of information from the store, i guess they could claim i was hallucinating

and as for not living here.... its just so damn cheap to, you can get a 4 bedroom house an acher of land for less than 500 a month on a morgatge, our housiing market is still in an upswing, wich is nice for thoughs of us that design and make commercials for a living, though really i have always had a hard time figuring out where everyone around here works to make there mony, just dose not seem at first to be enough career like jobs

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

My local gamespot here in Grand Forks, ND had a line of over 500 people. I saw 30 360 leave the store throughout the night. It was crazy guys. The game is so much fun as well. Have a good one fellas.

Around the Network

Superchunk will arrive shortly with his version. 150 people in line and not a single 360 out of the door.

I do believe it will move some consoles, though... The big question is how many? 100K? 250K?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

snooty89 said:
My local gamespot here in Grand Forks, ND had a line of over 500 people. I saw 30 360 leave the store throughout the night. It was crazy guys. The game is so much fun as well. Have a good one fellas.

haha, i live in moorhead.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

kn said:
Superchunk will arrive shortly with his version. 150 people in line and not a single 360 out of the door.

I do believe it will move some consoles, though... The big question is how many? 100K? 250K?

Yah I saw Superchunks post. I believe it too. Im sure anyone who reads this site would observe that kind of thing if they were waiting in line. Im sure different stores will have different stories, so no stories are really too doubtful.

However there does seem to be alot of reports of 360's being sold along with Halo, which bodes well for a big hardware boost. 

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

kn said:

Microsoft assumes 30%of the first week halo 3 buyers will buy a 360 with it. 

The local Gamespot had a massive line around 3 blocks long with 5 people abreast.

I went to the Wal-mart, which when all was said and done had about 40-50 people lined up. I was near the front so I have no clue how many people bought 360s, but they only had a few in stock (along with 1 wii).

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"