By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I thought 360 sales would be up for halo but damn...

Gamer might I ask for some demographic information about your store. How large is your local market population wise. How many other retailers within your area carried the same product. What was your locations promotion. All are relevant factors for us to understand what you are saying. Sales are relative.

You seem disappointed do you have a comparable product that you are comparing Halo 3 to. Say you had a game a few months ago that sold two hundred units on launch day. I am confused that sounds fantastic considering we are discussing a limited market in the form of a video game.

That sounds like significant sales to me perhaps if I understood your situation.

Around the Network
shams said:
Midnight curfew? In the US??? WTF???

(never heard of that one before!)

I guess those are the benefits of living in 'the land of the free' :P

shams said:

Only for those under 18 who are not accompanied by an adult.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
shams said:

I'd say thats still pretty strict, not that it matters for me anyways

I don't know if this has been brought up, but is it possible that those consoles that people saw were actually the box for the Legendary Edition. I thought I saw at least 20 ppl buy a system too, but then I realized that my Gamestop was literally not selling anything (you had to have a ticket that was pre-paid so they just look at it and hand you the game). I guess every store is different though. It'd be neat if that many systems were getting picked up.

Around the Network

A lot of the stores in my town aren't even stocking the Core 360 anymore. I honestly haven't seen one since before the price cut. I also saw a good amount of consoles sold at the midnight release, Halo 3 is definitely a system seller, no doubt about that. MG4 has the potential to be Sony's system seller, if the price of the console is more reasonable. Mid-August I was on my way to purchase a PS3, but didn't because I just couldn't justify the purchase. Maybe a game like MG4 will push me to purchase a PS3, but I doubt it.

They also have a curfew here in Dayton Ohio, at one of the Mall's here you have to be 16 or over to be able to on the property without a parent. But that is because that Mall is on the public transit system and a lot of inner city trash ride the bus there. The curfew is only on the weekdays though. I see no problem with it, I'm 30, and besides if you are under 18 and out past midnight on a school night up to no good then you are a total loser.

heh @white devil, i thought that at first too, till i saw both side by side by side.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

The 360 sales will go through the roof, only in my friend group there are 4 people that only play halo 3, believe it or not there not interested at all in bioshock or gears, they all bought a hdtv and xbox360 this week only for halo 3. They don't even consider buying an other game. I think attach rates for the 360 will go down becouse of halo 3.

tabsina said:
rocketpig said:
shams said:

I'd say thats still pretty strict, not that it matters for me anyways

Its actualy a city ordinance, so it can vary widly - from completely absent to 10pm

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

The curfew thing isn't a big deal. Here it's 11 pm if you're under 18, but it's never enforced unless you're doing something you shouldn't be doing, or unless a cop asks what you're up to and you give him attitude.

Ten years ago (damn, I'm getting old), I was stopped at 1 am on my way to my car from a friend's apartment. The officer asked how old I was and where I was going, I told him I was 16 and on my way home from a friend's place, and he said "Alright then, drive safely and have a good night." Simple as that.