By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally bought a PS2, please recommend games

Jax and daxter, Ace Combat etc...

Around the Network

Actually Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was one of the five games I traded in for my PS2. =P

The acrobatics were awesome and the basic combat mechanics interesting, but I found the game incredibly boring after a while, especially the combat with the 3 or 4 different enemies for the entire game. Go to new area -> kill a few bad guys using exactly same techniques as last time -> solve incredibly obvious acrobacy puzzle -> rinse and repeat. More variety in the gameplay, and a bit more plot would've probably helped it. This is something they worked on with the sequels, isn't it? I might try them out in that case.

I don't think I dislike sandboxes in general, but the whole gangsta-criminal themes annoy me with the GTAs. It's an "I don't like it" type thing instead of a "It's bad" thing, so I don't have to backup my argument, right? =P

Just a few more, please.

Soul Reaver series...great story.

yes soulreaver 1 was good on PSX
but I dont know for the sequel(s) on PS2 ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

sequels were good too, I thought. Not sure how they hold up now, but at the time I really enjoyed them.

Jak 3, I also own for my PS3. A good game if you don't mind the mediocre graphics in comparison to the God of War games or for example Ape Escape 3. So far I am only about 30% into the game, but the game offered lots of varierty like racing matches, platforming, flying parts, minigames and such. This game like the original God of War is now available at budget prices.

Games like Twisted Metal: Black, Tekken 5 and Soulcalibur II I also heard much about from PS2 fans.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

You like RPG's?
FFX & FF12
Dragon Quest 8
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

basketball games?
NBA 2K7

Action games?
Devil May cry 1 & 3(2 sucked)
God of War 1 & 2
Okami

Shooting games that are way better than Halo?

Whatever the fuck the new Socom game is called.

You like wierd games too?
Katamari Damacy

those are only a few.. PS2 has a huge selection of games

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

super_etecoon said:
sequels were good too, I thought. Not sure how they hold up now, but at the time I really enjoyed them.

A brief rundown:

Soul Reaver 2: Basically the first Soul Reaver sans boss fights, and plus updated graphics, better combat, and some way-too- dark environments.

Blood Omen 2: A pile of pure suck, and it's not canon anyway, so skip it.

Defiance: About as good as SR2.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

hum,

I should get SR2 and Deviance then ...

but why do you say "without" boss fight ?

Time to Work !