By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console will MGS:R sell the most on?

PS3, by a long way.

You can't compare it to GTA, because GTA is primarily aimed at an American market, and America is where the 360 is strongest. Also, the PS2 GTA games all ended up on Xbox, and did reasonably well there. Finally, GTA4 had two exclusive expansions for 360.

A large chunk of MGS' fanbase is in Japan, a place where the 360 version stands no chance. Perhaps 500k for the PS3 version, and 100k for the 360.

Others will be a pretty large victory for PS3- now-multiplat once-PS2 franchises always tend to sell better on PS3 in Others- even GTA 4 despite the reasons above.

America might be a slight lead for 360, and it might be a slight lead for PS3- it'll be close over there, only because of the 360's (relative to the PS3) massive userbase.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

PS3.

2 : 1 PS3

Playstation Three !

Check out my game about moles ^

definitely PS3 version, but the 360 version will sell well

Around the Network

barring any timed exclusive/exclusive content hanky panky the ps3 will sell the most.

It doesn't matter if 360 has the higher userbase.MGS is a game of niche market.If you look at the sales of the previous MGS games on the PS1 and the PS2,even with the biggest userbases in the gaming console history,the game sold around 4-6m copies and almost every MGS fan has a PS3.

The hype of the game may temp some of 360's userbase to buy it but the PS3 userbase will outsell it by 2m or more.Also the 360 userbase is filled with FPS loves,most of them hate these long story games like MGS and Final Fantasy

Tbone said:
On ps3 because of Japan.

Japan means nothing.

It's simply: more 360s = more sales. 360 wins.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Solid_Snake4RD said:
It doesn't matter if 360 has the higher userbase.MGS is a game of niche market.If you look at the sales of the previous MGS games on the PS1 and the PS2,even with the biggest userbases in the gaming console history,the game sold around 4-6m copies and almost every MGS fan has a PS3.

The hype of the game may temp some of 360's userbase to buy it but the PS3 userbase will outsell it by 2m or more.Also the 360 userbase is filled with FPS loves,most of them hate these long story games like MGS and Final Fantasy

I agree

What the heck? Am I psychic? Let's wait for a release date, some footage, and some specifics. When this game comes out in 2012, I'll have a more educated answer for you.