By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Rumors: Viva Pinata headed to Wii, no PS3 Bioshock

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163164

Quartermann: Viva Pinata to Wii, No BioShock PS3?
The Q does some major rumor mongering this month.
By 1UP Staff, 09/24/2007

It's that time of the month again. The latest issue of EGM, complete with a blow-out look at THQ and Volition's Saints Row 2, is starting to hit subscribers. And, of course, there's the latest batch of Quartermann rumors -- there's some tasty bits this month. With Viva Pinata already heading to the Nintendo DS and the continued success of mini-game compilations on Wii, doesn't it make sense Viva Pinata: Party Animals should show up on Wii? Q seems to think so, but it doesn't seem like it'll be hitting day-an-date this Fall.

Also, those rumors of BioShock coming to the PlayStation 3? Scrap 'em; apparently, the incredible success of 2K Games' new IP on Xbox 360 (and PC) means Microsoft has snatched the rights to keep Rapture on their hardware. The additional content originally planned for the better-late-than-never PS3 version may show up in a Game of the Year edition or downloadable content on Xbox Live.

PS3 owners aren't completely left in the cold, though, as Sony's not finished digging through the old Singletrac classics from the PS One era. With Warhawk enjoying online success (though the jury's still out on its sales numbers), Sony's now eyeing Jet Moto for a revival. No word on whether it's a full-fledged update, a PlayStation Network diddy or something for the PSP -- but it's on Sony's plate and something that's been too long coming.

For more rumor mongering -- like, say, what Criterion is working on that isn't Burnout Paradise -- make sure to check out the November issue of EGM. 

Around the Network

microsoft and nintendo...

Wii60 is real!!!

mM
FishyJoe said:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163164

Quartermann: Viva Pinata to Wii, No BioShock PS3?
The Q does some major rumor mongering this month.
By 1UP Staff, 09/24/2007

It's that time of the month again. The latest issue of EGM, complete with a blow-out look at THQ and Volition's Saints Row 2, is starting to hit subscribers. And, of course, there's the latest batch of Quartermann rumors -- there's some tasty bits this month. With Viva Pinata already heading to the Nintendo DS and the continued success of mini-game compilations on Wii, doesn't it make sense Viva Pinata: Party Animals should show up on Wii? Q seems to think so, but it doesn't seem like it'll be hitting day-an-date this Fall.

Also, those rumors of BioShock coming to the PlayStation 3? Scrap 'em; apparently, the incredible success of 2K Games' new IP on Xbox 360 (and PC) means Microsoft has snatched the rights to keep Rapture on their hardware. The additional content originally planned for the better-late-than-never PS3 version may show up in a Game of the Year edition or downloadable content on Xbox Live.

PS3 owners aren't completely left in the cold, though, as Sony's not finished digging through the old Singletrac classics from the PS One era. With Warhawk enjoying online success (though the jury's still out on its sales numbers), Sony's now eyeing Jet Moto for a revival. No word on whether it's a full-fledged update, a PlayStation Network diddy or something for the PSP -- but it's on Sony's plate and something that's been too long coming.

For more rumor mongering -- like, say, what Criterion is working on that isn't Burnout Paradise -- make sure to check out the November issue of EGM.

i figured this was true when the devs said "the game is not coming to the PS3" but thanks to EGM for clearing it up.

I hope they mean the original game...and not the party animals one....Viva Pinata just makes a lot more sense, and probably cents, on the Wii than the 360 anyway.

I dunno...it could work well...it's not going to be nearly as clear, vibrant, or overall pretty on the Wii though. Here's hoping they actually try...if the rumor is true, that is.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

360 fanboys are the opposite of sony fanboys.

mM

Viva Pinata on Wii would be insane on microsofts part and unprecedented.
Nintendo could always refuse certification of the game.
On the other hand,.Viva Pinata is a perfect foil for the Wiimote.
Swinging the wiimote to beat up Pinata 's would be amazing.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

IF this is true then it's awesome! I really was interested in that game and it would be so nice to be on Wii, like that I'll be able to play it! ^_^ (Cause no way I would buy a 360 due to no money.)

leo-j said:
360 fanboys are the opposite of sony fanboys.

Ps3 fanboys pay the most to get the worst and least games. Seems fair to me.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
microsoft and nintendo...

Wii60 is real!!!

QFT =/ Although some 360/MS fanboys (rare to find) are still pissy.

Go to gametrailers/gamespot forum and you find some.

On topic this are rumours so I will not react on this (stupid if they say later that it isn't true).