By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can NINTENDO do to win E3 now & is Wii Dead?

The Wii's done, stick a fork in her.

Seriously, and no I wasn't being serious there. You Ninfans are being retarded calling MS tech a "novelty" and the Wii as being, what, not a novelty? Sales numbers don't equal "not a novelty." Last time I checked the Wii can't recognize your voice, talk to you, understand your emotions.

I don't care for this type of stuff, less I could give a crap what does or doesn't happen, but this pretty much trumps the Wiis entire existence. If you had Mario and Zelda games on an Xbox you would have Wii fans jumping ship. Instead they thumb their nose up at it and make snide remarks. I think somewhere shiggy is weeping a small tear that he just didn't implement it first. Although I'm sure he'll publicly come out and denounce it, saying it can't be any good because he didn't invent it.

Around the Network

I guess Peter Molyneaux missed his calling.

JPL78 said:

The Wii's done, stick a fork in her.

Seriously, and no I wasn't being serious there. You Ninfans are being retarded calling MS tech a "novelty" and the Wii as being, what, not a novelty? Sales numbers don't equal "not a novelty." Last time I checked the Wii can't recognize your voice, talk to you, understand your emotions.

I don't care for this type of stuff, less I could give a crap what does or doesn't happen, but this pretty much trumps the Wiis entire existence. If you had Mario and Zelda games on an Xbox you would have Wii fans jumping ship. Instead they thumb their nose up at it and make snide remarks. I think somewhere shiggy is weeping a small tear that he just didn't implement it first. Although I'm sure he'll publicly come out and denounce it, saying it can't be any good because he didn't invent it.

well, I can say I didn't call it a novelty, I'm simply not going to buy it, but uhmmmm... I'm a little concerned about this whole "Last time I checked the Wii can't recognize your voice, talk to you, understand your emotions." thing you typed up. you see, that's all software driven, and it doesn't understand your emotions, it's just a ton of scripts. you make it sound like Natal is going to cook dinner for you and sleep with you at night, that's not the case, it's all fake.

The same could also be said about things like Gears or Halo being on the Wii, how do you know 1 console owners won't jump ship for that? If you don't care about things like these, why are you trying to lecture other people about it?

dahuman, but its camera driven. So, no Wii mote in the world could begin to analyze your facial features and voice patterns. And both of those things are possible on the Wii but not probably that they'll do them. In order to do it they would need a camera and a microphone. This device does it all in one and while I hate this type of gaming even I have to admit I'm taken back by it.

Software driven, yes, what else would be driving it magical fairy dust? It's still a big step in the development of A.I. and the advancement of gaming in general, in a much more pronounced way than the Wii has accomplished. Plus it is only as good as the software and that will grow and improve. I mean, the terminators in the terminator movies are software driven at some point, I'm guessing it still hurts when they shoot you in the head. This device simply gives the ways to a means. I didn't say it was perfect or fully realized.

Will people buy it when its not packed in? Probably not so much. Is 200 dollars to much? Probably. Will it be a success. Doubtful in this generation but it is still a mammoth step forward and anyone trivializing it because, boo hoo, they don't like Microsoft or Boo Hoo it is much more ingenious the entire concept of the Wii. I don't know what to tell you except look at the implications and the potential, not as some piece of fully ready, fully realized equipment ready to launch.

I don't think Wii will lose any sales I said I was clearly kidding. I don't think it will take much if any market share. I do think this is so obviously the future in some way or form. So everyone can go "it's just an Eye Toy" or "it's just a novelty" as much as I hate the thought of not having a controller one day even I have to admit those people are being persnickety dolts with big blinders on. When you see the future you know it, Microsoft showed us the future today and I'm sorry it doesn't involve a Wiimote. Try not to take it so personal.

I'm gonna make a small post on this matter.

The Wii is a social console, it is for households and family. It is for real life connections and as an addition to your life, not a replacement. Natal shows the asymmetries of motivation between Microsoft and Nintendo more than anything I've ever seen.

The media and message boards will gush endlessly about this thing, when it comes to real market situation though it's a totally different story. As far as E3 goes, I'd say Nintendo has lost, but to win what they need to do is explain clearly what their motivations are and how different they are from their competitor's. Also if Natal is playable on the show floor alongside WM+ that could be a huge plus for Nintendo. As a ghost this thing wins, but only then.

We don't know about any of those things yet, but I'd say right at this moment in time the E3 situation is leaning toward the Microsoft side. In terms of market Wii wins. In terms of E3, all bets are off.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:

dahuman, but its camera driven. So, no Wii mote in the world could begin to analyze your facial features and voice patterns. And both of those things are possible on the Wii but not probably that they'll do them. In order to do it they would need a camera and a microphone. This device does it all in one and while I hate this type of gaming even I have to admit I'm taken back by it.

Software driven, yes, what else would be driving it magical fairy dust? It's still a big step in the development of A.I. and the advancement of gaming in general, in a much more pronounced way than the Wii has accomplished. Plus it is only as good as the software and that will grow and improve. I mean, the terminators in the terminator movies are software driven at some point, I'm guessing it still hurts when they shoot you in the head. This device simply gives the ways to a means. I didn't say it was perfect or fully realized.

Will people buy it when its not packed in? Probably not so much. Is 200 dollars to much? Probably. Will it be a success. Doubtful in this generation but it is still a mammoth step forward and anyone trivializing it because, boo hoo, they don't like Microsoft or Boo Hoo it is much more ingenious the entire concept of the Wii. I don't know what to tell you except look at the implications and the potential, not as some piece of fully ready, fully realized equipment ready to launch.

I don't think Wii will lose any sales I said I was clearly kidding. I don't think it will take much if any market share. I do think this is so obviously the future in some way or form. So everyone can go "it's just an Eye Toy" or "it's just a novelty" as much as I hate the thought of not having a controller one day even I have to admit those people are being persnickety dolts with big blinders on. When you see the future you know it, Microsoft showed us the future today and I'm sorry it doesn't involve a Wiimote. Try not to take it so personal.

did you just bring up terminator like they really exist? ^^;;; I'm not trying to pick a fight with you man, it's just that some of the things you type are a little mmm.... wacky? I'm not saying that it's bad tech, but tbh, it's nothing new, it's an improved capture system that they want to bring into gaming, but this particular tech doesn't impress me one bit, I was hoping for something better, I want to see what's next already as I'm looking right past Natal.

Last time I've checked the Wii was the best selling console this gen.

But, Nintendo only needs to announce one of their main franchise games and they can keep printing money till the next year.

For a Nintendo fanboy I was impressed by Microsoft's spotlight, but not actually blown away by project Natal. It was cool though but really not my thing, even if Nintendo will go in the same direction as Natal project it will be a total turn-off for me, in other words: they lost E3 in my eyes! maybe if I was a more casual sence, maybe. But not as for a serious gamer as I am...

Joy Ride = Mario Kart Mii, but in a good way! :)

Ps: totally suprised that MySpace wasn't included...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I think Nintendo won't really care about winning E3 and just continue beating the other consoles in sales like it has been since it was launched.

But a new Zelda or Mario main game easily makes me favor Nintendo over what any of the other companies could or already have announced.

What MS showed today was about a hundred times more impressive than anything I've seen done with the Wii remote.

It doesn't matter if it only works with casual games. Wii Fit, Wii Sports and Mario Kart are what's selling the Wii and they can all be accomplished with this device.

If it costs anywhere under $100 and Microsoft advertise it smartly, Nintendo will have some competition.