By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can NINTENDO do to win E3 now & is Wii Dead?

No, it wont kill wii - not in the slightest. Nintendo have nothing to worry about, and here's why:

-This NATAL wont be available until fall 2010 at the earliest.
-The price will most likely be in the category of expensive.
-It wont be able to play more traditional games. Imagine a fps using NATAL - now imagine wii motion plus in a fps.
-It wont even play the casual type of games Nintendo premiered with Wii. Imagine playing Wii Bowling, Wii Tennis, Wii Fencing and what not using NATAL instead of a wiimote? Right
-How will walking around work? ohwait...it won't

Now, it will most likely sell pretty good. It'll prolly sell much like EyeToy. A few millions for sure. Will it see X360 bury the Wii? Not a chance in hell.

So...the Ninty press conference tomorrow will be bussiness as usual as far as Ninty is concerned, I dont think they're the least bit worried.

And imagine this: So what if u said "F*** Y** kid" to that Mylo guy when he tells you he didnt do his homework, and did it with a smile on your face and in a mild tone of voice? Exactly.

Nice piece of tech, though!

Around the Network

Remember Eye Toy, and the PS3 cam with head tracking software.....yes they took the market by storm didn't they. *cough*

Incubi said:
No, it wont kill wii - not in the slightest. Nintendo have nothing to worry about, and here's why:

-This NATAL wont be available until fall 2010 at the earliest.
-The price will most likely be in the category of expensive.
-It wont be able to play more traditional games. Imagine a fps using NATAL - now imagine wii motion plus in a fps.
-It wont even play the casual type of games Nintendo premiered with Wii. Imagine playing Wii Bowling, Wii Tennis, Wii Fencing and what not using NATAL instead of a wiimote? Right
-How will walking around work? ohwait...it won't

Now, it will most likely sell pretty good. It'll prolly sell much like EyeToy. A few millions for sure. Will it see X360 bury the Wii? Not a chance in hell.

So...the Ninty press conference tomorrow will be bussiness as usual as far as Ninty is concerned, I dont think they're the least bit worried.

And imagine this: So what if u said "F*** Y** kid" to that Mylo guy when he tells you he didnt do his homework, and did it with a smile on your face and in a mild tone of voice? Exactly.

Nice piece of tech, though!

Hmmmm... I can't imagine a FPS using Natal, because you can't walk...

Soriku said:
The 360 motion is at an estimated price of $200. That's not going to fly very far.

That was based on a blog speculation.  We have no idea what the price will be for it.

Besides not knowing what the price will be for it, we still don't know how well it will work in real game situations, and also the amount of software support it will get.   As of now, Natal needs to be flagged with "Keep an eye on", because it is too early to say anything else.

lol no, Wii will not be dead. However, Natal is a pretty cool piece of technology. Oh, man, I'm going to look forward to the "Wii iz doomed" articles.

Around the Network

Wii HD might come out quicker now, which isn't really a bad thing. Natal is pretty impressive, I think Nintendo (and Sony) may have to copy that technology.

Natal + Wiimotion Plus would be a pretty impressive 1-2 combo.

richardhutnik said:
Soriku said:
The 360 motion is at an estimated price of $200. That's not going to fly very far.

That was based on a blog speculation. We have no idea what the price will be for it.

Besides not knowing what the price will be for it, we still don't know how well it will work in real game situations, and also the amount of software support it will get. As of now, Natal needs to be flagged with "Keep an eye on", because it is too early to say anything else.

Well it looks like 2 cameras so for 2 people its four maybe high def. cameras plus mikes and sensors again doubled up. That's only for 2 players and they haven't even shown that this would work anyway.

Potentially very expensive

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

like i've said before, the only thing MS motion control will kill is Wii Sports (and maybe it won't)

that thing is only for Sports games as it seems, party games as you are calling many Wii games!

Wii is not dead

the MS motion control is really impressing, but if you think of it, it does not really contribute to core gaming, but Wii Remote is used both for core and casual games

buttons cannot be replaced

i would only buy a Xbox360 if an on-rails shooter came out for it, featuring fighting elements and swordplay and this stuff... that would really be a step beyond

the only thing Microsoft motion control can really do that Wii Motion+ cannot is legs movement, Dancing games perhaps?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

lol natal made me lol,really hard

richardhutnik said:
Soriku said:

That was based on a blog speculation.  We have no idea what the price will be for it.

Besides not knowing what the price will be for it, we still don't know how well it will work in real game situations, and also the amount of software support it will get.   As of now, Natal needs to be flagged with "Keep an eye on", because it is too early to say anything else.

True. But it is all we have to go on. And the person making the guess is a Seattle newspaper's business and technology writer -- not just someone in cyberspace. So it is probably a good guess based upon current market prices. It may not be indiciative of how much the Natal will cost when released. But right now it is the best (and only) guess we have since Microsoft offered no such information (which to me implies high price).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV