By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can NINTENDO do to win E3 now & is Wii Dead?

dahuman said:
JPL78 said:

dahuman, but its camera driven. So, no Wii mote in the world could begin to analyze your facial features and voice patterns. And both of those things are possible on the Wii but not probably that they'll do them. In order to do it they would need a camera and a microphone. This device does it all in one and while I hate this type of gaming even I have to admit I'm taken back by it.

Software driven, yes, what else would be driving it magical fairy dust? It's still a big step in the development of A.I. and the advancement of gaming in general, in a much more pronounced way than the Wii has accomplished. Plus it is only as good as the software and that will grow and improve. I mean, the terminators in the terminator movies are software driven at some point, I'm guessing it still hurts when they shoot you in the head. This device simply gives the ways to a means. I didn't say it was perfect or fully realized.

Will people buy it when its not packed in? Probably not so much. Is 200 dollars to much? Probably. Will it be a success. Doubtful in this generation but it is still a mammoth step forward and anyone trivializing it because, boo hoo, they don't like Microsoft or Boo Hoo it is much more ingenious the entire concept of the Wii. I don't know what to tell you except look at the implications and the potential, not as some piece of fully ready, fully realized equipment ready to launch.

I don't think Wii will lose any sales I said I was clearly kidding. I don't think it will take much if any market share. I do think this is so obviously the future in some way or form. So everyone can go "it's just an Eye Toy" or "it's just a novelty" as much as I hate the thought of not having a controller one day even I have to admit those people are being persnickety dolts with big blinders on. When you see the future you know it, Microsoft showed us the future today and I'm sorry it doesn't involve a Wiimote. Try not to take it so personal.

did you just bring up terminator like they really exist? ^^;;; I'm not trying to pick a fight with you man, it's just that some of the things you type are a little mmm.... wacky? I'm not saying that it's bad tech, but tbh, it's nothing new, it's an improved capture system that they want to bring into gaming, but this particular tech doesn't impress me one bit, I was hoping for something better, I want to see what's next already as I'm looking right past Natal.

i completely agree with you. actualy they have been doing this tech for awhile. if i want this tech ill just buy it for the pc.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
What MS showed today was about a hundred times more impressive than anything I've seen done with the Wii remote.

It doesn't matter if it only works with casual games. Wii Fit, Wii Sports and Mario Kart are what's selling the Wii and they can all be accomplished with this device.

If it costs anywhere under $100 and Microsoft advertise it smartly, Nintendo will have some competition.

actually i would never ever use the MK wii in this. cause to do that is something that looks weird and would feel even worse. at least with teh wiiwheel you get teh actualy driving more then just holding air. as for the rest can it measure body mass and take yoru weight? no it cant. now the sports thing is ok but i think to get anythig to work on natal would be harder then what is being done with the wii. now what i see natal being made for is for the pc users that is turning their pc's into virtual machines then the xbox's

--OkeyDokey-- said:
What MS showed today was about a hundred times more impressive than anything I've seen done with the Wii remote.

It doesn't matter if it only works with casual games. Wii Fit, Wii Sports and Mario Kart are what's selling the Wii and they can all be accomplished with this device.

If it costs anywhere under $100 and Microsoft advertise it smartly, Nintendo will have some competition.

So how do you press the gas in MKWii?

Or use items?

Or, God help you, powerslide manually?

Almost forgot to say this. I'm not really against the Natal Project, I will still see some gamers would like to keep a controller in some to play games (either traditional or wii-mote) as I've seen in some post here...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Full Body Waggle

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ylljrs.gif

Around the Network

Natal is just another controller designed to make me be more active than I want to be. What is going to happen one day is that a line will be crossed where competitive gaming will actually be a measure of how well you can physically control the games rather than how well you can mentally handle the games, and I guess that day will knock me out of gaming.

well so far EA is beating M$ i mean that grand slam tennis looks cool. and you are not holding air but more like a racket handle.

NATAL looks cool - but it should help promote games that are different from the Wii. This is *good* for the industry, and another step forward.

...lets wait and see what Sony does - they might try to rip-off both systems at once :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

So how do you press the gas in MKWii?

Or use items?

Or, God help you, powerslide manually?

I saw a racing game demonstrated. I don't know how it works other than steering, though.

Well, like some other people says, the image of the Wii plays an important part in its success, rather than just motion controls.

I wonder what will people make of MS when they promote such a contraption.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here