By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

so if people dont like it they shouldnt talk about it? that is like when nintendo unveiled the wii. i mean cmon alot of teh stuff i saw today was in my opinion lame. there was nothing i could live without from them. besides in MW2 ill just get it for the pc and have even better graphics then what they have anyways.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network

@ squilliam, sky will only stay in UK/Eire, maybe they will do a deal with a NZ service

Khuutra said:
Beoulve said:
This year's press conference was a huge leap over last year's IMHO.

Really? I don't know if any conference I've ever seen compares to last year's.

Maybe it's because I care more this year, considering the fact that I got an Xbox360 6 months ago. But I felt this year's conference had a bigger overall wow factor. The only thing I basically remember from 2008 was the FFXIII announcement.

Khuutra said:
Beoulve said:
This year's press conference was a huge leap over last year's IMHO.

Really? I don't know if any conference I've ever seen compares to last year's.

I'd said that this year's MS conference was better than the one in 08.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

wow and i thought the M$ guys during the conference was arrogant. ive seen many e3's and this is about as exciting as when nintendo unvieled the gamecube. it was boring and everything i saw i already knew about except for the natal thing but to have that work and sell lots it cant be released this gen by any means. if it is it will be a massive failure. cause if you think of it no one is gonna buy a xbox360 then turn around and spend another 200 bucks to buy this thing that hasnt really been proven to work perfectly like they want it to. im not being negative just wanna see something exciting at e3 and M$ failed at that.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seriously Im flabbergasted by some of the above comments downplaying this piece of history. I really dont know how Sony or Nintendo can top this. This was absolutely amazing and Project Natal is going to be a benchmark for a lot of things. There was an MGS multiplat and a next Halo.

The only missing elements were RPGs and MMOs.

NATAL will be a glorified eyetoy, maybe 5-6 games will use it, and most of them will be minigames. the games shown were either really lame, or were not shown in any real detail to really care much about, I say Alan Wake was the best, but even it had annoying slow motion garbage

WOW! you really wasn't paying attention was you? they said more than once that ALL existing 360 games WILL also work with the new motion camera, seriously......

More news :

On Demand for Xbox Live will allow full downloads of games just like Steam.

http://kotaku.com/5274406/microsof-offering-360-games-on-demand-starting-august

slowmo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
slowmo said:
outlawauron said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
SHMUPGurus said:
How about you wait until the final product arrives at your home, in front of your TV, and you experience it yourself? I doubt they would ship a broken product, seriously

They made vista

Now that's just plain low. :/

There is an actual games division at Microsoft by the way.

lol, you kinda walked into that one.

Just to clarify, Vista worked exactly as it was intended to work so it could hardly be classed as broken.  Sure it had features that were disadvantages for many (UAC, Indexing) and it was slower than XP for gaming but it was never "broken".  I'm pretty safe in saying that you never ran Vista for more than a week on your PC Avinash_Tyagi.

I ran it for two weeks, then switched my laptop to Mandriva and my Destop back to XP, and yes it was broken from a user standpoint it was not user friendly, nor were the updates worth the extra resource hogging

I used it for 2 years and it was never broken, I setup a dual boot with XP when I installed it and have not used XP for over 18 months now on my PC.

Good for you, but considering how fast MS is trying to get out a new version, shows that most agree with me, and that Vista was poorly recieved by most

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Lol, a lot of people are focused on Natal here. I guess it was a success then. People already forgot the other fantastic announcements.

Anyone who loves music should love the last.fm connectivity. If you're into music and haven't checked out last.fm, do it. That and Pandora are awesome music discovery sites.

Facebook and Twitter. Listen, I have Facebook, but I'm never really "on it". I signed up for Twitter ages ago, but I didn't understand the allure. However, I'm also not naive enough to think that my opinion is the consensus. People love that stuff. Especially, wait for it, them casuals Microsoft wants to get on board.

Games! Are you kidding me? Forza 3, seems to look amazing and will, unless the 2010 release has been bumped, will be released before GT5. Alan Wake is looking great. Crackdown 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising 2, Halo ODST, and Halo Rising. These are all big games. Most of which never before seen.

Then there's Natal. People are saying the tech won't work as advertised. This technology is based off the research and development by a company called 3DV which Microsoft acquired. There were already demos of the technology and everything. Check out the many articles at Ars Technica, Engadget and Gizmodo. All of which said it worked surprisingly well. Very surprisingly well. I read one article which said the boxing game they demoed was much much more responsive than Wii Sports Boxing and that the interface navigation demoed seemed to demonstrate a preciseness above that of the Wii controller.

Finally, yes the Natal has gimmick written all over it. And you know what? Gimmicks sell.... very well. If this product works as advertised, it will sell very well. Hell, I'll be baying one just for the navigation elements.

Microsoft is turning the Microsoft into a very flexible entertainment device with all of it's future offerings: Netflix, Last.fm, Zune, Live, Twitter. And it will soon be able to all be controlled without having to pick up a controller. I think that's pretty F'in cool.

FKNetwork said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seriously Im flabbergasted by some of the above comments downplaying this piece of history. I really dont know how Sony or Nintendo can top this. This was absolutely amazing and Project Natal is going to be a benchmark for a lot of things. There was an MGS multiplat and a next Halo.

The only missing elements were RPGs and MMOs.

NATAL will be a glorified eyetoy, maybe 5-6 games will use it, and most of them will be minigames. the games shown were either really lame, or were not shown in any real detail to really care much about, I say Alan Wake was the best, but even it had annoying slow motion garbage

WOW! you really wasn't paying attention was you? they said more than once that ALL existing 360 games WILL also work with the new motion camera, seriously......

Actually they said it would work with all existing hardware

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)