Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

steverhcp02 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
steverhcp02 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
steverhcp02 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I think Nintendo is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing NATAL in action, that was about as lame as I thought it would be

Are you kidding me? This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I see myself using my arm to grapple stuff like in Bionic Commando! I hope developers will make good use of this technology, and Microsoft can achieve this for sure (they're billionaires!!!).

really? did you see the lag in th emovements? its a cool concept.

ever get frustrated playing online with lag or when framerate drops? i dont see how anyone can get excited about this other than soccer moms who have fat kids.

*looks at you signature... interesting information*

*imagines you can't think about the fact that this is still in production*

*takes a deep breath*

There...

attack my sig when you know im damn right and not the substanc eof my post. Look at my post history not what console i own, then judge me.

I think its rather juvenile and naieve to see a product demonstrated, get a huge gushing boner over it and then when someone makes valid points based on the FACTUAL ACTUAL PRESENTATION youre only result is "its still in development" thats not a good sign.

Seriously, I don't understand how you can be so against this project. Do you hate innovation or something?

When they first showed it with the guy (Kudo I believe his name was), I was a bit skeptical myself because the movement recognition seemed weak, but when that girl played that little tech demo, it was actually working! She was moving in a 3D environnement created in the tech demo with just a little camera. Sure, she seemed a bit excited and missed a few balls, but what do you expect?

And what facts? You saw lag in there? You saw framedrops? What the heck are you talking about?

Hate innovation? the cell phone was innovative. The Ipod, the discman, color TV, high speed internet.......putting my hands in fake water is retarded. An interactive CGI character? please, until it can learn, retain and ask you questions its nothing more than a simple recognition software, nothing revolutionary.

All of these ideas are great but why do you think there still isnt an RPG where we can actually type in dialogue and play it however we want? because its improbable if not impossible. Revolutionary? if you call some spasmatic little girl seizing in her living room or some kid moving like hes pinching a turd in quick sand pretending to be godzilla or some middle aged woman dipping her hands in water revolution then we will never see revolution because im sure every soccer mom and every person who needs an epeen to show they hav eteh latest tech will get this, show it to their friends and then theyll go and play Crackdown, Halo, Mass Effect or Alan Wake and never use it again.

Cool beans. We could discuss about all this impossibility thing here, but it's not the topic at hand, is it? I didn't say a thing about it being revolutionary by the way.

We've seen a SMALL GLIMPSE of what could be an amazing collective project. I say we all wait to see what else developers can do with this. There will be haters, but also believers I expect.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Serious_frusting said:
@ slowmo

Give me a example of damage control a sony fan has done in this thread. And even 360 owners are making negative comments on the motion thing not just the Wii pips

Well heres one I found:

"i didnt see anything special about forza lol"

If you didn't think anything regarding that presentation was special then it's damage control.

After that though you have a point really, looking back it was pretty much a majority of Nintendo fans who have been trolling persistantly from the start so I retract my statement that it was the Sony fans.  I'm not too petty to admit when I'm wrong.

I don't see much trolling in this thread, in fact little to none.

I own a 360 and would have bought motion controls for it. I'm very unlikely to buy these though, they seem too limited. The best thing I can say about it is "maybe Microsoft didn't demonstrate the best of it".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

im sorry i see potential in that natal thingy but i think it is too early for such a device. besides that all i saw was a facebook and twitter thing i already do on this pc. and shooters and racing wow tha tis a big blockbuster lineup. /sarcasm

well its the truth i was wanting to see something so big so shocking likethey did last year at stealing FF13 away from sony. but to get to nintendo you hvae to do way more then just throw insults at them. cause when yoru first and you throw insults your asking for a beat down.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

slowmo said:
Shadowblind said:

Holy crap...that was amazing.

Lord.

I'm seriously, for once in my life at a loss of words to describe that Press Conference. That was stunning, amazing, fantastic.....good lord.

Alan Wake. Metal gear. Halo Reach. CRACKDOWN 2! FFXIII RUNNING ON THE 360. And to top everything, Project Natal.

A little disappointed in SC, it looks like a fantastic title, but not really like SC. But Alan Wake was beyond stunning. I practically got chills just from seeing that video. APB was a no show, and Rare wasn't either(>_<) but even at that, it was phenominal.

So my question to you all, is the rest of my E3 gonna be disappointing? I can't wait to see what else is to come at this already fantastic E3!

P.S. Is Metal Gear Raiden exclusive on 360? Because I remember them saying "all games after this point will be EXCLUSIVE."

Excellent post, too few amongst the trolls in here.

I know you like his post, but is everyone who doesn't absolutely love their conference a troll? Seriously now.

And this is also funny news.

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/143/14354401/vids_1.html

Kojima isn't making the 360 MGS.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

steverhcp02 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
It's funny how we can see the true face of people here. Simply amazing.

My argument was about the games division, I don't think it's the guys making the fricking OS that made Natal possible!

Now I'm expecting some people to come out with the RROD thing. Well, I'll give you this: If it doesn't happen to you, why complain about it?

wtf point is that? You said they wouldnt ship a broke product...MSFT themselves announced there were hardware failure inevitible hence the 3 year plan.....god you know youre just biased when even the company youre defending is harder on itself than you are.

Now you're saying I'm defending Microsoft? Please.

My last sentence still stands. I don't fricking know what Microsoft say all the time I go on the Internet, as long as I can play my games without any problem, I DON'T CARE! I'm a gamer in the first place, as long as they show stuff I want to see and make me feel good being a gamer, well why not supporting them by buying the things I want that they make? That's about the only loyalty I have for about any company out there.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
slowmo said:
outlawauron said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
SHMUPGurus said:
How about you wait until the final product arrives at your home, in front of your TV, and you experience it yourself? I doubt they would ship a broken product, seriously

They made vista

Now that's just plain low. :/

There is an actual games division at Microsoft by the way.

lol, you kinda walked into that one.

Just to clarify, Vista worked exactly as it was intended to work so it could hardly be classed as broken.  Sure it had features that were disadvantages for many (UAC, Indexing) and it was slower than XP for gaming but it was never "broken".  I'm pretty safe in saying that you never ran Vista for more than a week on your PC Avinash_Tyagi.

I ran it for two weeks, then switched my laptop to Mandriva and my Destop back to XP, and yes it was broken from a user standpoint it was not user friendly, nor were the updates worth the extra resource hogging

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

200 bones? As much as an XB Arcade? *looks in cyrstal ball* I see a price drop in either the Natal, or the XB Arcade's future...

sidenote: How come people are acting as though motion control for XB 360, won't have the same problem as motion controls for the Wii? They are at the mercy of developer's software. THIS IS ANOTHER REASON WHY MICROSOFT NEEDS TO INVEST MORE IN A FIRST PARTY MODEL, if the third parties can't come through(Ala Wii) on effective use of your controls then dammit the First party should be able too...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

I only got to see the last few minutes of the conference, but it doesn't sound amazing at all to me :/

More Halo, Crackdown, Forza and a bunch of multiplats? A more advanced Eyetoy? All that Facebook/Twitter shit?

What was so good about it? Does anyone have video of this Milo thing?

outlawauron said:
slowmo said:
Shadowblind said:

Holy crap...that was amazing.

Lord.

I'm seriously, for once in my life at a loss of words to describe that Press Conference. That was stunning, amazing, fantastic.....good lord.

Alan Wake. Metal gear. Halo Reach. CRACKDOWN 2! FFXIII RUNNING ON THE 360. And to top everything, Project Natal.

A little disappointed in SC, it looks like a fantastic title, but not really like SC. But Alan Wake was beyond stunning. I practically got chills just from seeing that video. APB was a no show, and Rare wasn't either(>_<) but even at that, it was phenominal.

So my question to you all, is the rest of my E3 gonna be disappointing? I can't wait to see what else is to come at this already fantastic E3!

P.S. Is Metal Gear Raiden exclusive on 360? Because I remember them saying "all games after this point will be EXCLUSIVE."

Excellent post, too few amongst the trolls in here.

I know you like his post, but is everyone who doesn't absolutely love their conference a troll? Seriously now.

And this is also funny news.

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/143/14354401/vids_1.html

Kojima isn't making the 360 MGS.

We have people in here comparing low bit stream video and saying they look worse than other games.  There are people off hand writing off a technology before they've had chance to experience it themselves (which is necessary in a motion controller, see 2006 Wii threads).  There are people whinging about Halo games without any thought for others who maybe interested in them.  All in all yes the thread is full of trolls, if you choose to ignore them then fine that's your perogative.  Looking at most of this thread its quite apparant I must have watched a different presentation to half the posters.

This year's press conference was a huge leap over last year's IMHO.