By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ - Wii is a nightmare for third parties, it's a Monopoly box in the clos

I really cant see why those devs are complaining, if they could match Ninty's effort in making the game and promoting it with nice budget it would definately sell well. If you're not providing the right product how can you expect good sales?

"we are risk averse" ha ha ha so they moaning without even trying, it just sounds pathetic.

Around the Network

In other words, pointless baw because it's not all about the graphics-are-everything development model that has poisoned this whole industry for 10 years. No more easy graphical cash-ins, and it scares companies like THQ to death because they've forgotten how to do things that matter.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Theyre complaining deadly creatures didn't sell?

Well fucknuts you have to advertise to get a game to sell.

Millennium said:
In other words, pointless baw because it's not all about the graphics-are-everything development model that has poisoned this whole industry for 10 years. No more easy graphical cash-ins, and it scares companies like THQ to death because they've forgotten how to do things that matter.

I REALLY disagree with your statement.

I've played MANY beautiful games that are better than comparable games on wii

its not about graphics, its about new experiences.  wii users want new experiences.  its not like wii fit woulda sold worse if it was in hd 1080p.

i just got ea active, and i actually liked some of its graphics (water effects are nice in the in line skating)

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Oh darn, I should have wasted money on Deadly Creatures...

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Around the Network
Pyramid Head said:
Millennium said:

I REALLY disagree with your statement.

I've played MANY beautiful games that are better than comparable games on wii

its not about graphics, its about new experiences.  wii users want new experiences.  its not like wii fit woulda sold worse if it was in hd 1080p.

i just got ea active, and i actually liked some of its graphics (water effects are nice in the in line skating)

Wii Fit would have sold far less on a 1080p console. In fact, I can tell you exactly how much it would have sold: zero. No game like that would ever be allowed on the current HD consoles, because it doesn't fit the 3G (Graphics-Gore-Gazongas) formula that their developers espouse and their consoles allow for. You've played prettier games on those, sure, but better? How can they be, when they offer nothing new over the games you played ten years ago but a new skin with a marginally sharper picture?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

THQ makes crappy games regardless, but he does have a good point. It's a nightmare for third parties.

Translation: "The Wii isn't a snowball console that let's developers release mediocre games that ride the tide of more popular games' momentum."

THQ, the Wii indeed does have a crap load of issues and its demographic is in fact a nightmare for third party developers, but when you actually start turning a profit on the HD consoles or do anything successfully this generation then you can act like the Wii is the bitter pill, k thanks.

Aside from Deadly Creatures, a game which scored pretty low amongst fans and the gaming elite, what else "hardcore" did they even try?

They need to shut up and make more Cars games.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Kenology said:
goddog said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
It's like the whole world has resorted to blatant trolling :x

but when the whole world says it is it still trolling?

Not everyone is saying it though - only a few publishers are.

Im not setting this to just the wii. when the whole world (okay most devs/ gamers) says something might there be a reason to that 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog