By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who think MadWorld would have sold better on other consoles?

I think that if it was released on either 360 or Ps3, it would have sold more than it is selling now. Despite it being short or in black and white would not have prevented MadWorld from selling atleast 600-700k on either of these consoles. This just shows how many casual gamers there are.

You guys will say that games like RE4, and Call of Duty: World at War show that there are a lot of hardcore gamers. BUT, look at sales of RE5 and CoD:WaW on other consoles. I am not saying that these games failed, but I am just saying that they sold better on other consoles. I admit that RE4 was a port and it is just amazing that it even sold this much even after being a million seller on other consoles, but what about Call of Duty: World at War?

I know a lot of casual gamers who got Call of Duty: World at War. This means that not everyone that bought Call of Duty: World at War is a hardcore gamer.

Bethesda Softworks claimed that 5% of the people owning a Wii are hardcore gamers. 5% of 50 million is 2.5 million. MadWorld sold 0.21~0.25. Only 10% of the hardcore gamers bought MadWorld. If gamers on the PS360 do not care about the length or style of the game but the fun and the addictiveness of the game then why don't Wii gamers?

Why don't people still buy it even after a price drop? If you do not buy this game then Quality hardcore games that are creative and original will not come to the Wii.

This is the proof of what kind of quality MadWorld truly is.

I think that MadWorld would have sold about 3-4 times more on either PS3/360. Not combined but exclusively.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

Around the Network

I don't. It would have been eclipsed by the release of Resident Evil 4.

Pixel Art can be fun.

maybe if it had better graphics...

What do you mean when you say Niche?

If it means it is low quality and not good then I put that video there to defy that.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

Did Okami sold better on PS2? No.

what makes you think that a simmilar niceh, artsy, stylish, over the top game would sell in any other console?

I never understood why people kept saying that this game would sell millions. Is not a very good game. It has an interesing style yes but far from good.

Really people get over it there were, are and will b ebetter games than that.

Around the Network

It would have done about as well as IGN's GOTY 2006 did on the most successful console of all time. That would be Okami on PS2 for the record, look up the sales if you're curious.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I do believe it would have sold more, but nothing significant.... ie if it was on BOTH HD consoles it would have got about 150% of the sales it will manage on the Wii (probably 500kish in the end)

However the sales will have been more frontloaded.

It would sell about 0.78m on the 360, 0.65m on the PS3.

God Hand flopped on the PS2, why would Mad World be a huge hit on the PS3/360?

Plenty of good Japanese titles flop on the PS3 or 360 all the time, "matooooor" or not, Mad World is not comparable to Call of Duty, lol.

Did Okami sold more on Ps2: No.
Did Psychonauts sold more on Ps2: No
Did Viewtiful Joe sold more ..... No

Please stop this "What if..." If you want to support Platinium games, grab a copy of Bayonetta instead.