By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fiscal Report Thread

Kamahl said:
HappySqurriel said:
Sony will announce that they shipped 5 or 5.5 Million units and never mention how many they sold to end users ...

Why do you hate Sony so much? It is amazing, really.

You are right though, but neither will Nintendo or MS. You know why? because there's no way they would be able to know how much every store sells. they just care about how much they shipped, to every single company out there, shipping = sold, cause the retailers already payed for the consoles.

The numbers we see every month are not released by the MS, Sony or Nintendo. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are doing exactly the same thing.

i dont agree how you think happysqurriel hate sony so much by that statement. happysqurriel is just saying a fact. but i do agree that no one, sony, ms, or nintendo would know how many were sold to end-users. it would require additional research from different sources and analysis with assumptions, just like this site, to estimate how the sales figures are. :)

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network
Delusional said:

i dont agree how you think happysqurriel hate sony so much by that statement. happysqurriel is just saying a fact. but i do agree that no one, sony, ms, or nintendo would know how many were sold to end-users. it would require additional research from different sources and analysis with assumptions, just like this site, to estimate how the sales figures are. :)

Happy squrriel is kinda... biased. And usually bashes a sony thing, and then speaks how great the same idea is on nintendo. However on this point, I agree with him.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Exactly.  It's not the company's job to report how many units end up in consumer's hands.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Kwaad said:

Happy squrriel is kinda... biased. And usually bashes a sony thing, and then speaks how great the same idea is on nintendo. However on this point, I agree with him.

Usually ? He always bashes Sony no matter what - I think they  fired him some time ago...

just like you always protect Sony kber81...we all have our favorites, let's not attack each other all day.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
just like you always protect Sony kber81...we all have our favorites, let's not attack each other all day.

Because Sony is worth of it ! ! ! World is ours ! hahaha... ok... just kidding.

Delusional said:
Kamahl said:
HappySqurriel said:
Sony will announce that they shipped 5 or 5.5 Million units and never mention how many they sold to end users ...

Why do you hate Sony so much? It is amazing, really.

You are right though, but neither will Nintendo or MS. You know why? because there's no way they would be able to know how much every store sells. they just care about how much they shipped, to every single company out there, shipping = sold, cause the retailers already payed for the consoles.

The numbers we see every month are not released by the MS, Sony or Nintendo. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are doing exactly the same thing.

I don't think it would be as hard as you might think to have accurate sell through numbers.  The actual stores will probably know within a very small margin of error how many units they've sold and considering Nintendo/Sony/MS are their suppliers, I doubt they would protest if they were asked.  Walmart tracks unit sales of all products in real time, it can't be that hard to track them with a small delay for everyone else.  The reason sites like this require some guesstimation and educated assumptions is because companies don't just give out those numbers to joe shmoe who asks...

It is 11 am April 25, 2007 in the USA where I am..Nintendo's fiscal results come out April 26, 2007 - How long until we can expect to see them?

Also, what are we expecting to see?  I think they will announce 6.0 to 6.25 million Wii's sold through March...2.30 million Americas,  1.95 million Japan, 1.85 million Europe/Others.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:
Nintendo and Sony see their fiscal years conclude on March 31, 2007. It will be interesting to see what they say about how many consoles have been shipped/sold. I think they will announce the following: Sony - Shipped 4.5 million (with those sold to gamers in the parenthesis) Others/Europe - 1 million Shipped, (800,000 Sold) Americas - 2.25 million shipped (1.5 million sold) Japan - 1.25 million shipped (900,000 sold) 3.2 million sold through March 31, 2007 Nintendo - Shipped 6.50 million (with those sold to gamers in the parenthesis) Others/Europe - 1.75 million shipped (1.68 million sold) Americas - 2.5 million shipped (2.37 million sold) Japan - 2.25 million shipped (2.0 million sold) 6.05 million sold through March 31, 2007

Nintendo themselves estimated 2 million sold in Europe.  I think it will be 2.5 million NA, 2 million Europe/others, 2 million Japan. 

As far as numbers shipped in Japan shouldn't they be less being that it wont' take forever since they have to send them by ship to europe/NA.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo themselves estimated 2 million sold in Europe.

That was Perrin Kaplan, though, right? She's like Nintendo's minister of misinformation.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.