By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Conference Times for LA, East Coast, UK, Australia

Around the Network
Torillian said:
starcraft said:
Torillian said:

Starcraft probably wants the timezone for the East Coast of Australia. If I remember correctly that's where most Australians live.

edit: while I'm here, if you could keep any more timezone stuff in this thread Seece that would be great.  I just noticed you've made two so far and I don't want a ton of these floating around.  Thank you for figuring this out for others.

Yeah, I'm a Sydney dweller

@Seece.  Thanks mate.

I think I lived in Melbourne (sp) when I was there.  That's the capital right?  Might get it confused, was only there a year.

Canberra is the capital.  Funny story actually.  Sydney was going to be the capital, but then Melbourne had a whinge about that.  So Sydney said, well there is no way in hell Melbourne is the capital.  Then Hobart (in Tasmania) is like "well we could tr..." "SHUTUP" yelled Sydney and Melbourne in tandem.

Long story short, Canberra (which was virtually non-existant at the time) sprung up around halfway between Sydney and Melbourne to be the capital. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Thats right, majority of us will use East Coast for Australia anyway, dont worry.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

@Starcraft

Crap, yer right it was Canberra, knew I was thinking of the wrong name. Oh well.

Miyamoto's Roundtable is on June 2nd @ 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM PST

Around the Network
Torillian said:

Starcraft probably wants the timezone for the East Coast of Australia. If I remember correctly that's where most Australians live.

edit: while I'm here, if you could keep any more timezone stuff in this thread Seece that would be great.  I just noticed you've made two so far and I don't want a ton of these floating around.  Thank you for figuring this out for others.

Will do, I made a uk one and TWroo pointed out its best to do other timezones as well, so you can lock the UK one if you like, I'll update this one if anyone wants anymore times done

matt247 said:
Miyamoto's Roundtable is on June 2nd @ 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM PST

Have you got a link for that?

@Torillian, You lived for a yr in Canberra? I feel sorry for you man. lol

Australia is the only country where the capital is the worst place to visit.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Hi, thankings you for this chart of times, but would be possible to add the zones of time for all 11 Russia. Please also may I be seeing the zones of time for Tajikistan and Mongolia. I have many friends. to you sir, thank you.

I am from Romania, please be friend

StylesClash said:

Hi, thankings you for this chart of times, but would be possible to add the zones of time for all 11 Russia. Please also may I be seeing the zones of time for Tajikistan and Mongolia. I have many friends. to you sir, thank you.

LMAO ... This is a pisstake isn't it? I'll do the capital of Russia, its 4.50am I can't figure out all of Russia's 11 timezones ....

Edit - Haha Matt.