By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 ... 2009?

Wow, 360s lineup is looking very strong. And I thought PS3s lineup would beat anything this year...

Around the Network
waron said:
seece said:
Slimebeast said:
seece said:

http://goonlinegames.net/2009/05/29/e3-2009-mass-effect-2-release-brought-forward-to-2009/

"So, Mass Effect 2.

It’s one of the game’s we’re keeping an eye on next week during E3, it’s the one game we’re so excited for here at GOONL!NE. It even got a pre-E3 teaser this morning, and now BioWare has seen fit to publish online a Facebook group for it’s upcoming game, which you can see here.

But at the bottom of the page, it shows details for the game and the last bit shows a release date, which is nothing as it was already pegged at 2010, until you see it’s down for late 2009. Oh hell yeah! We’ve left an email with EA to see whats going on.

There’s also been confirmation as to how you can play Mass Effect 2 if you never played the first:

New to ME? Don’t worry, we’ll give you a new character in Mass Effect 2 and bring you up to speed on the story.

E3, next week, we’re going to town on this bad boy. It’s an Xbox 360 exclusive, released… 09 or 10."

And together with Alan Wake possibly, it would crush the competition completely.

The X360 game lineup would win 2009 easily.

(but even without Alan Wake, that lineup would win 2009 of course)

I agree, this is a possibility.

Halo ODST
Splinter Cell Conviction
Forza Motorsport 3
Mass Effect 2
Alan Wake
Rare/Lionhead Game

Crush isn't the word ...

add there GTA4: Episodes of Liberty City and possible Crackdown 2 plus timed exclusivity for some of multiplatform games(Lost Planet 2 is timed exclusive for 360) and 360 have easily best lineup for second half of the year.

First of all, this is a mixed blessing. I am going to have to start selling body parts... but I get to play Mass Effect early.

Now, Lost Planet 2 is not coming out this year at all, and I don't want to start playing list wars until after E3, then we will know if Alan Wake, Forza 3, Mass Effect 2, Rare, Lionhead, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5 and MAG are coming out this Christmas

All I know is that the video for this game looks VERY VERY HOT!

It's already my GOTY candidate in whatever year it drops.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Nice this means the PC version will be here sooner then expected!

With a PC, PS3 and Wii I have some great Games coming my way:

Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, New Zelda, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Modern warfare 2, Bioshock 2. Great time to be a PC, PS3, Wii owner!

Megadude said:

Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, New Zelda, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Modern warfare 2, Bioshock 2. Great time to be a PC, PS3, Wii owner!

Why do you bother? you're not funny.

Its actually looking like the 360 has the best to offer

Around the Network
seece said:
Megadude said:

I might be missing out on Gay Tony and Ninja Blade, but I can live with that. I understand why you are so excited for them though Seece.

Megadude said:
seece said:
Megadude said:

I might be missing out on Gay Tony and Ninja Blade, but I can live with that. I understand why you are so excited for them though Seece.

I love your choice of Ninja Blade, I can't stand hack & slash. Its a shame you judge GTA Gay Tony on its name alone, shows what kind of person you really are ...

Edit - didn't even say goodbye Megadude, how rude :-O

Things just got interesting.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

PS3 and Xbox 360 got some good games coming, Wii I'm looking at you make this Year break.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

seece said:
Slimebeast said:
seece said:

http://goonlinegames.net/2009/05/29/e3-2009-mass-effect-2-release-brought-forward-to-2009/

"So, Mass Effect 2.

It’s one of the game’s we’re keeping an eye on next week during E3, it’s the one game we’re so excited for here at GOONL!NE. It even got a pre-E3 teaser this morning, and now BioWare has seen fit to publish online a Facebook group for it’s upcoming game, which you can see here.

But at the bottom of the page, it shows details for the game and the last bit shows a release date, which is nothing as it was already pegged at 2010, until you see it’s down for late 2009. Oh hell yeah! We’ve left an email with EA to see whats going on.

There’s also been confirmation as to how you can play Mass Effect 2 if you never played the first:

New to ME? Don’t worry, we’ll give you a new character in Mass Effect 2 and bring you up to speed on the story.

E3, next week, we’re going to town on this bad boy. It’s an Xbox 360 exclusive, released… 09 or 10."

And together with Alan Wake possibly, it would crush the competition completely.

The X360 game lineup would win 2009 easily.

(but even without Alan Wake, that lineup would win 2009 of course)

I agree, this is a possibility.

Halo ODST
Splinter Cell Conviction
Forza Motorsport 3
Mass Effect 2
Alan Wake
Rare/Lionhead Game

Crush isn't the word ...

Also,

Champions Online is expected by Christmas...  http://www.incgamers.com/News/16632/StarTrekOnlineExpectedReleaseDateRevealed

And LIPS Number One Hits...  http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/4361/microsoft-reveals-lips-number-one-hits-for-xbox-360

And XBLA arcade titles that have not been revealed yet... (Ship dates for Perfect Dark and South Park)

And Hulu...  http://gizmodo.com/5272573/is-hulu-coming-to-xbox-360

And Sky...  http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/4374/microsoft-reveals-partnership-with-sky-for-xbox-360

And probably another Scene It! (As they have shipped one each of the last two years)

And I seem to remember some statement about Age of Conan a little while back from an MS exec (Talking about MMOs being made for 360)...

And if the motion camera is real...

And we still haven't heard anything about hardware changes for 09 and other possible dashboard updates...