By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii at $250 on 3rd year is ahead of PS2($120) by >19 MILLION. =)

Kuro_Neko_13 said:

Off-Topic: whats up with teh site? it looks like gamespot now XD... and has equally annoying ads... ='( 

I know, right? Except Gamespot gives you a choice between white on black text and black on white text. (via the aa button)

Around the Network

PS2 was at 120 at this point. Wow.

^^^ AH! It was $150!

My mistake... Can't fix it now...

WE NEED AN EDIT TITLE BUTTON!

thekitchensink said:
I know what this thread is for, but even though it's a momentous achievement, that's unnecessary.

A lot of threads are unnecessary but some people still keep making them again and again everyday.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

So Wii is ahead of the PS2 by nearly 20m units after the PS2 received a price cut? And has done so with apparently "no games" and weak third party support?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

I thought the ps2 was under tracked by like 10 million units..

mM

@L.C.E.C.: are you sure the PS2 was $150 at that point? I think it was $180. I don't believe it went to $150 until the beginning of it's 4th year on the market.

are you saying that at the same point in time it is ahead by 19M?

or that it is ahead since the wii came out?

EDIT: I wrote that because I didn't read the OP and wanted to know why you said 150$, because it released at 300$

Arius Dion said:
So Wii is ahead of the PS2 by nearly 20m units after the PS2 received a price cut? And has done so with apparently "no games" and weak third party support?

Yup, that's purdy much it I recon.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

I blame wii fit