By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is religion/Christianity in jeapardy? This article is crazy.

Rath said:
Sqrl said:

If comparing crimes nation to nation is flawed, why did you bring it up to begin with?

My source did compare specific crimes. It compared the number of homicides etc. Doing that has far far fewer problems than just comparing 'crimes' because homicide is less ambigious and more obvious when committed.

In any case as I said, my only point was that there has never been evidence of a causal relationship between atheism and crime, I don't believe there is a causal relationship between religion and crime either. My source showed a correlation (and note that I do know the difference between a corellation and causal relationship) between religion and criminality, but I never claimed the relationship was causal.

Now can we get back to the original discussion, please.

Actually it has more problems.  As I stated above.  It's more of a flawed methodology.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
outlawauron said:
kowenicki said:
I would be happy if all religions (and the memory of them) vanished overnight tonight....

Why exactly? The world would be completely out of whack. People would go mad and millions all around the world would be unemployed.

Small price to pay for the end of persecution and bigotry...

And I include christianity... count me out of religion, most are based on fear.  Why is it that the most religious countries seem to be either the poorest or the ones involved in most wars these days?

The only one that seems to make even a bit of sense is Buddhism

lol, you think religion is the only cause of persecution and bigotry?

How narrow minded do you have to be? Even if it was so, the global economy would collapse.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Red tape gone mad.

I think to the neutral observer this is obviously not a religious assembly but a social gathering of like minded people. But by definition it is a religious assembly and that is all that matters to government administrators. If they recieve a fine for this then they should kick up a fuss (FOX news will anyway lol).

highwaystar101 said:

Red tape gone mad.

I think to the neutral observer this is obviously not a religious assembly but a social gathering of like minded people. But by definition it is a religious assembly and that is all that matters to government administrators. If they recieve a fine for this then they should kick up a fuss (FOX news will anyway lol).

Every news network should kick up a fuss.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.