By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is religion/Christianity in jeapardy? This article is crazy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522637,00.html?test=latestnews

"On Good Friday we had an employee from San Diego County come to our house, and inform us that the Bible study that we were having was a religious assembly, and in violation of the code in the county." David Jones told FOX News.

"We told them this is not really a religious assembly — this is just a Bible study with friends. We have a meal, we pray, that was all," Jones said.

A few days later, the couple received a written warning that cited "unlawful use of land," ordering them to either "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit," the couple's attorney Dean Broyles told San Diego news station 10News.

But the major use permit could cost the Jones' thousands of dollars just to have a few friends over.

Around the Network

............... well..... it IS California ... but this is sick, even for them.

i hate when stuff like this happens.

That ain't baller.

Why would you have to pay money for a permit for practicing your religion?  Are we the Ottoman empire all of a sudden?

Around the Network

Oh and this isn't religious persecution so much as California is completelly screwed budgetary wise because it took on too much welfare programs and just in general too much spending to liberal intrests.

The richest state in the country is poor because even Democrats do little more then pay out to their big buisness friends.

When states and counties go overbudget the first thing they do is start getting a LOT stricter on any tickitable offense or anything that could possible make them money.

Heck it was so bad they elected a Republican with no politcal expierence and very poor english into power... and he failed to do just about everything he said he would.

Whether it was a Howard Stringer type deal, or just inexperence or just being like most politicians... who can say.

religious freedom should be a right and sharing these religion with those willing enough to hear should also be allowed, even if all religions are poison people are still entitled to believe whatever they want

Who would have thought, California, the "most open minded state in the country" is trying to oppress the religious.

Figures.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

We're not talking about like 2-4 people here.

We're talking about 10-15 people all driving over in cars, taking spots up and down the street.

This should be less about the fact that it was a religion-related and more about the relevant state laws regarding assembly.

Well, I'll take this time to say that an Australian Christian band has the #1 selling album right now on iTunes. Woo!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.