By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge reviews inFamous, Punch-out, Sims 3, and more.

The latest EDGE review scores are as follows:

inFAMOUS (PS3) - 7
Ghostbusters (Multi) - 7
The Sims 3 (PC) - 8
Punch-Out!! (Wii) - 8
Boom Blox Bash Party (Wii) - 8
Velvet Assassin (360/PC) - 4
Fuel (Multi) - 8
Damnation (Multi) - 3
Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) - 6
Knights in the Nightmare (DS) - 6
Excitebots: Trick Racing (Wii) - 4
Zeno Clash (PC) - 8
Terminator: Salvation (Multi) - 3

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=17037

Sorry if this was posted already.

Around the Network

I really didn't expect anything less.

Lower score than expected for Sims3

A 6 for Muramasa: The Demon Blade??????????????

EDIT: Wait how did they get to review it? the game isn't out for another 4 months...

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Strict but fair.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

Around the Network
griffinA said:

A 6 for Muramasa: The Demon Blade??????????????

EDIT: Wait how did they get to review it? the game isn't out for another 4 months...

NGamer UK also reviewed it; it was a JPN import. Not sure if Edge did the same.

@ griffinA

in the UK (where edge is published) the game isnt out for 10 months

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

You people are just spoiled with scores
For example,

Eurogamer Scoring Policy

Eurogamer marks games out of ten. We believe this is specific enough to identify the differences in quality between the majority of games, and that with these guidelines in hand the benefits of the ten-point scale outweigh the potential for inconsistency across a range of writers. Here's what the marks represent:

10/10 - Phenomenal

9/10 - Excellent

8/10 - Very good

7/10 - Good

6/10 - Above average

5/10 - Average

4/10 - Below average

3/10 - Bad

2/10 - Atrocious

1/10 - Bloody atrocious

I won`t be suprised, if EDGE has pretty much same rating system, in other words, they use 1 to 10, instead of 6-10.
Although, most time i see that EG/EDGE are more critical to PS3 exclusives, still usually PS3 games score 7 or above, which means a GOOD game.

Anyway, more and more people having FUN with inFAMOUS, and that`s all what MATTERS. =)
And i think inFAMOUS deserves atleats 8 from EDGE, but it`s just their OPINION.)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I expected this kind of thing from them

CrazzyMan said:

You people are just spoiled with scores
For example,

Eurogamer Scoring Policy

Eurogamer marks games out of ten. We believe this is specific enough to identify the differences in quality between the majority of games, and that with these guidelines in hand the benefits of the ten-point scale outweigh the potential for inconsistency across a range of writers. Here's what the marks represent:

10/10 - Phenomenal

9/10 - Excellent

8/10 - Very good

7/10 - Good

6/10 - Above average

5/10 - Average

4/10 - Below average

3/10 - Bad

2/10 - Atrocious

1/10 - Bloody atrocious

I won`t be suprised, if EDGE has pretty much same rating system, in other words, they use 1 to 10, instead of 6-10.
Although, most time i see that EG/EDGE are more critical to PS3 exclusives, still usually PS3 games score 7 or above, which means a GOOD game.

Anyway, more and more people having FUN with inFAMOUS, and that`s all what MATTERS. =)

No one said anything negative about inFAMOUS's score.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth