By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim pretty much announced - Now predict hardware and software sales

Xxain said:
Isnt RPG an Xbot?..why are you always worried about PS3

LOL i think your confusing RPG with JRPG

Around the Network

Gotta love prediction threads, most of the time they're dead wrong.

I'll wait until an official announcement until I predict.

I hope Sony gets their ass in gear for the Fall. They need to kick ass this Christmas.

*sigh*

These threads always become a wankfest for extreme Sony fanboys on a never-ending spiel of unrealistic expectations.

I dunno why I even came in here.

I'll just say I'm not nearly as optimistic as most of you seem to be.

BenVTrigger said:
The PS3 Slim is definatly real theres no doubt about that anymore. After all lawyers threatened many websites (including Kotaku, Gamespot, etc.) for putting up pictures of it.

I it is more likely that they threatened them for the same reason while they always denied price cut rumors? Because false rumors of a fake Slim would lead to dropping sales of the old one? Sometimes, false rumor, and vaporware are good for a company.  When it suggests that their current top-product is going to be obselete in a few days, it isn't. 

Also, Sony wouldn't officially deny it so clearly, a few days before the E3, when they are supposed to announce it. That would be an obvious lie. It would just make them look manipulative and, untrustworthy, ruining their reputation.

Around the Network

^ Sony denied price cut all the way to a week before. no one cares. your looking waaaaaaaaay to far into it

If they do come out with a slim PS3 and a pricecut of any sort, and MS doesn't do anything to combat it, then i could see the PS3 outselling the 360 very easlily.

I'll wait for official confirmation.

4 ≈ One

Avarice28 said:

I am curious, has Microsoft even made any slim consoles?  Last gen that did not and I do not think they would this generation either (unless you count the arcade which is a less tricked out pro).

No, last Gen Nvidia prevented them to go Slimline, but the CPU and GPU were designed from the beginning to become a single chip. Furthermore Hardware companies informed the public last year that they were working on the Slim line Xbox 360 systems.

Slim PS3 @ $299.99, MGS5, GT5, GOW3, FFXIII, FFXIII, will do major damage, it will close the gap between the 360 to about 5.4 million.