By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Halo 3 review thread

BTW, don't get me wrong. I absolutely think Halo 3 is an amazing game. I think it probably deserves a 9.5 too, but so did MP3. Don't f**king take off for something just because it was Nintendo who did it. That pisses me off so much I want to break someone in half.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
I'm disappointed to see such bullshit from sites like Gamespot who admits it's the Halo 2 formula built on and perfected... which is EXACTLY the excuse they gave for giving Metroid Prime 3 an 8.8. I f**king hate how this industry caters to media hyped games. FFXII was the moment I lost faith in the industry reviews. God this shit pisses me off, but I expected it so I guess that lessens the blow a little bit...

If you are already acting so upset because you think MP3 got an 8.8 from Gamespot, I am kinda scared to tell you that they gave it an 8.5.

Sorry I confused that with their stupid review of Zelda.  There are so many stupid reviews I don't even know which ones to look at anymore.  The 9.1 for Wario Ware was equally ridiculous for such a flawed game.

I bet you can make Gamespot change their minds by writing a mean comment on their review.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Want to see a low score? That one's easy:
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/games/finishing-the-fight-a-review-of-halo-3.ars

Remember people: this is only for the single player campaign - that's all they had access to from Microsoft prior to release.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
dtewi said:
I bet you can make Gamespot change their minds by writing a mean comment on their review.

I'm not trying to get them to change their minds, and I'm not so immature as to randomly attack game sites in their reviews and previews. I just think it makes them look really unprofessional and inconsistent when reviewers score like this. It's pathetic for sites which are trying to pass themselves off as credible review sources to be this inconsistent.

Around the Network

I guess i have to write /sarcasm at the end of every sarcastic post from now on.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

ouch 7 for only campaign, but thats expected, i would expect it to get scores like HS if it was single player only

combine with ALL the new features and it gives it that 9-10 score

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
NeoRatt said:

Most sites do not release bad scores on any game until after it ships. It is not just EA and Microsoft... Kengo: Legend of the Nine, Fatal Intertia, and Dynasty Warriors are just a few recently released games that don't have many actual reviews right now... This is because they have average or below average scores and the sites find this the best way to release bad scores without tanking sales. For the most, part you don't see the negative reviews until a week after launch. It is not a conspiracy... It is the way the industry works.

And by the way, if you put out a game and a review site gave it low scores, would you continue to advertise (send checks) to that site? Wow, they gave us a 6/10 on Halo 3, let's advertise Mass Effect on their site, hopefully it will do better...

Thats kind of funny to read that when IGN released the two reviews for Heavenly Sword three weeks prior to it's release, advising to rent the game instead of buying it.

I see so basicly heavenly sword (an 8 average game) has a better story than Halo 3. But was shot down because it didnt have multiplayer. Well that sucks.

mM

@naznatips, you bash sites like gamespot for giving MP3 an 8.5. What do you expect the game is nothing on Halo3, halo is by far the best thing on a console. A great story mode, and 4player co-op online, and 11 mp maps and the ability to make more and play them online. MP3 has nothing on Halo3 and the reviews should show that.