By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Halo 3 review thread

starcraft said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Something that jumped out at me from the 1up review was that they were saying that it doesn't do a whole lot of new stuff (not saying that it's not great), but the thing that came out the most in that review was when they talked about online co-op and lag.

"The only drawback is every co-op game we've played over Xbox Live, whether it's two, three, or four players, has been fairly-to-incredibly laggy."

Seeing as the online co-op was a big factor with this game, I find this to be interesting.

But microsoft will improve online functionality to reduce lag as they go. I wouldnt be surprised if they have already since this was published. They cant afford Halo 3 to lag.

They can't?  It obviously didn't hurt it's reviews (how do you give a perfect to a game that you said could be unbearably laggy??).  It certainly won't hurt it's sales.  What do they care you do with the game after you bought it?  They have the money already.  It's doubtful you are going to suddenly cancel your live subscription...

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
This one link means more than every other review mentioned above:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/926632.asp

There! That is your final answer! 96.3%! Was that so hard? Just go to Game Rankings, and make life easier. Anyways, well done Microsoft! I know what I'm buying soon! Wow, this beat Super Mario 64... I wonder if The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, will ever be defeated... And it also beat Bioshock. Now the Xbox 360 has Gears of War, Bioshock, and Halo 3. Man, Xbox 360 is going to have a major sales boost, very, very soon, if not already!

Theres a good chance we can add in Mass effect very soon for that also cant wait!

Heck maybe even Lo will score that high with RPG fans

Yeah Mass Effect should be up there. I have a lot of faith in Bioware as a developer. I'm not sure about LO though. The previews for it have been positive, but they have also mentioned that it's pretty standard RPG fair without anything new or revolutionary, which is exactly what killed Blue Dragon's reviews. Of course JRPG fans often want that (I know I do), and the game isn't really being made for us. It's being made to try and draw in ore than 1000 units sold a week in the Japanese market.

I thought it was the story that really hurt it, alot of sites mentioned they would of gave it alot higher if the story wasnt so unoriginal, and LO looks alot better.

I wouldnt compare the two, they are being made by two different companys BD by artoon (sigh) and LO by Feel plus, who was made just to create it)

Seriously have you see some of the new footage nazna? it looks fantastic, and we still have yet to go into details about the battle system

Your most likely right though, alot of sites dont like old rpg style, so it wont most likely hit top reviews (im guessing 8-9 which is really good for a rpg) but why i said RPG fans/sites will rate it high

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Halo3 will probably wind up with 93.5~94.5% average from Gamerankings.com based on a few factors:

Bioshock was rated about 1.5% higher at this same point vs. Halo3
Gears of War was around 95.0% at the same time, but has dropped around 1.9% since the similar point.

It'll probably wind up being #2 or #3 overall on the X360 charts - either just above, or below Oblivion.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.