By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 Hits Stride, Xbox 360 Standing Still

saicho said:
The article written by this guy Ben Dutka never fail to crack me up... he is the funniest person I know!

You know him? How embarrassing for you.

Around the Network

If ioi ever cracks under the pressure and starts banning sites like hiphopgamer then I would like to nominate this as well. Not so much the psxextreme site but more along the lines of anything written by Ben Dukta. You can smell the shit he writes from miles away. I've never seen a fanboy inflate so quickly and diminish the credibility of a website. Ben Doucheka must die.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I don't get the PS3 software hype. There isn't single a moderately interesting exclusive scheduled for the PS3 for the foreseeable future. The XBOX isn't much better off, but at least it has ME2. All of the action is multiplat these days, which basically means that the only reason to get a PS3 is for Bluray which is worthless. The XBOX at least has live, for those folks that like that sort of thing, in addition to a pricing advantage.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Megadude said:
kowenicki said:
@trios

I can imagine that is tricky...

lol

But he was from Texas... and he did struggle to get the link between England and English...

I would also like to point out that a proper English sentence should never begin with the word "But". 

On topic: 360 fans don't seem to want to be involved in list wars anymore.

That's becuase our list = Top selling games while PS3 list = avarage selling games

So since you want to bring in sales, how about I bring in the Wii list that has Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Mario and Sonic, etc having way better sales than everything else...because we all know those are the top tier quality games, right?

and this helps the PS3rd how?...So your point is not only is the PS3rd losing to Xbox 360 but it's being molified by the Wii and it's sales....

Or is you point the fact that -$ony is still losing money on the PS3rd and that all it's fanboys are waiting for a life saving price cut?

No...my point is you're calling out "the list" for PS3 games....which always end up being quality games, by barking sales number for 360 games. This leads me to believe that since the likes of Halo sells better than PS3 exclusives, you think that the 360 library is of more quality. So, I bring in things like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, which have outsold everything....does that make them better games? No.

And I'm sick of you Xbots (since you want to start name calling) condescending a PS3 price, or did you already forget what  a $400 PS3 did to a $350 360?

Errmm...Last year?.....During the MGS4 period?....or this year..Where the PS3 has lost practically every week?

No. End of October/Early November 2007 to when the 360 cut the price to $300 in September of 2008

so two weeks?....your asking me to base sucess on two weeks in 2007?...

So what happened that holiday season...the 2007

OMG...can you not read? Let's go into further detail. The PS3 outsold the 360 from late October/Early November 2007 (when it dropped to $400) to September 2008 (when the 360 dropped its' price to $300). In that 10 month period, the PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide, and even in America. How did you get the conjecture of "2 weeks" when I said the end of October 2007 to September 2008..or do you not understand the concept of time?

ramses01 said:
I don't get the PS3 software hype. There isn't single a moderately interesting exclusive scheduled for the PS3 for the foreseeable future. The XBOX isn't much better off, but at least it has ME2. All of the action is multiplat these days, which basically means that the only reason to get a PS3 is for Bluray which is worthless. The XBOX at least has live, for those folks that like that sort of thing, in addition to a pricing advantage.

Well, I can tell which console you favor. I'm all for differing opinions, so maybe that's why you think the PS3 linup isn't "moderately interesting", yet you were quick to point out ME2 and XBL. Have your different taste in games...overlook Uncharted 2, overlook Ratchet: Crack in Time, overlook God of War 3. That's fine. But saying that the only reason to own a PS3 is Blu-ray, and that Blu-ray is worthless...GTFO. Don't act like one of those anti-BR zealots who say "uhhh durr *drools* I don't see duh difffrenze bahtween dah Blu rayz and duh DVDz", there is a HUGE difference, so just on that merit alone, it's not worthless. Go see an optomotrist for your eyes, and a psychologist for your brain

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Megadude said:
kowenicki said:
@trios

lol

But he was from Texas... and he did struggle to get the link between England and English...

I would also like to point out that a proper English sentence should never begin with the word "But". 

That's becuase our list = Top selling games while PS3 list = avarage selling games

So since you want to bring in sales, how about I bring in the Wii list that has Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Mario and Sonic, etc having way better sales than everything else...because we all know those are the top tier quality games, right?

and this helps the PS3rd how?...So your point is not only is the PS3rd losing to Xbox 360 but it's being molified by the Wii and it's sales....

Or is you point the fact that -$ony is still losing money on the PS3rd and that all it's fanboys are waiting for a life saving price cut?

No...my point is you're calling out "the list" for PS3 games....which always end up being quality games, by barking sales number for 360 games. This leads me to believe that since the likes of Halo sells better than PS3 exclusives, you think that the 360 library is of more quality. So, I bring in things like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, which have outsold everything....does that make them better games? No.

And I'm sick of you Xbots (since you want to start name calling) condescending a PS3 price, or did you already forget what  a $400 PS3 did to a $350 360?

Errmm...Last year?.....During the MGS4 period?....or this year..Where the PS3 has lost practically every week?

No. End of October/Early November 2007 to when the 360 cut the price to $300 in September of 2008

OMG...can you not read? Let's go into further detail. The PS3 outsold the 360 a few times from late October/Early November 2007 (when it dropped to $400) to September 2008 (when the 360 dropped its' price to $300). In that 10 month period, the PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide, and even in America. How did you get the conjecture of "2 weeks" when I said the end of October 2007 to September 2008..or do you not understand the concept of time?

*Corrections in bold.*

PS3 had a slight sales advantage from Dec 07 to May 08, then they switched off a bit, and 360 has been winning since.  It wasn't even a very appreciable lead.  You know that there's tools right here on this site that will show you that, right?

Oh well, whatever...  back to inFAMOUS.  It's not great, but I'm enjoying it.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

ramses01 said:

Mass Effect 2 will be on PC and paying fees for online gaming is nothing to brag about.

TheSteve said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Megadude said:
kowenicki said:
@trios

lol

OMG...can you not read? Let's go into further detail. The PS3 outsold the 360 a few times from late October/Early November 2007 (when it dropped to $400) to September 2008 (when the 360 dropped its' price to $300). In that 10 month period, the PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide, and even in America. How did you get the conjecture of "2 weeks" when I said the end of October 2007 to September 2008..or do you not understand the concept of time?

*Corrections in bold.*

PS3 had a slight sales advantage from Dec 07 to May 08, then they switched off a bit, and 360 has been winning since.  It wasn't even a very appreciable lead.  You know that there's tools right here on this site that will show you that, right?

Worldwide...it was the whole 10 month period, ESPECIALLY during MGS4 time. The "few times" you're referring to were only in America, where the 360 barely edged the PS3 out by a couple 1,000, but Worldwide, the 360 was outsold the entire time

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=------&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39411&end=39698

Correction: except July 2008

Now I'll move on before people rip on me for "living in the past" even though I'm just trying to show a sales trend based on various pricing strategies

BMaker11 said:
TheSteve said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Megadude said:
kowenicki said:
@trios

lol

*Corrections in bold.*

Worldwide...it was the whole 10 month period, ESPECIALLY during MGS4 time. The "few times" you're referring to were only in America, where the 360 barely edged the PS3 out by a couple 1,000, but Worldwide, the 360 was outsold the entire time

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=------&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&start=39411&end=39698

Correction: except July 2008

Now I'll move on before people rip on me for "living in the past" even though I'm just trying to show a sales trend based on various pricing strategies

Better resolution by tightening up the dates...  I was just about to question you on a few points it looked like they met in the between, but I stand corrected...  From mid-Nov to late June, almost 7 whole months, Sony had a slight lead in weekly sales that then disintegrated into the biggest gap in the generation over the next seven months as 360 took control, and then it all calmed down to current numbers.

The most Sony has ever lead MS by was a one week spike of 200,000 units, where it touched Wii numbers.  The biggest gap the other way was nearly 400,000 for MS (and 1.2 mil for Ninty) that stretched for a couple months.  That trend doesn't say much but that "sales fluctuate".

Also, since MS and Nintendo are actually making money, they don't really need to worry about another Sony price cut.  In this cold war, that's not really a weapon in Sony's arsenal.

Megadude said:
ramses01 said:

Mass Effect 2 will be on PC and paying fees for online gaming is nothing to brag about.

Still LOL at Sony fanboys trying to argue that MS exclusives don't count as 360 exclusives because they show up on PC...  It's MS, and this is why they're making money, and Sony is not.