By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 Hits Stride, Xbox 360 Standing Still

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
That website PSXetreme is even funnier than the SDF website. Ah, the strange things people can belief.

Because this website actually believes the shit it writes, whereas the SDF website is actually satire.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

as of now yes but ms should have some cool games at e3

V-r0cK said:
To sum up what he said ..."2009 is PS3's year" XD

Of course it is!!! Just like every other year.

To the OP: No one that works exclusively with an affiliated entity (company) can stay neutral for long, it's just human nature. That being said, If you truly wanted to make your point valid, why not wait until E3??? I mean, it's almost here, and it would have solidified your point greatly, assuming things remain the same in the software department after E3.

I prefer the 360, and although I believe that after E3 360s' lineup will be vastly improved, I still don't believe it will surpass the ps3s' upcoming lineup, but it'll be much much closer.

I don't understand why you couldn't wait after E3 if you're not a fanboy. Jumping the gun and bashing another companies software right BEFORE the biggest convention/show of the videogame industry is nothing but fanboyish. Is the reason you couldn't wait is because you just couldn't contain yourself and had to point the software discrepency out? If reason A, that's fanboyish. Did you fear that after E3 the tides would turn or at least even out and felt it was a now or never type of thing? If so, that's fanboy 101. I really don't see another reason why you just couldn't hold off on this thread just a bit longer. Like i said before, u can't work for a completely bias and exclusively devoted entity without eventually displaying the same bias sentiments. It's either that or you can't stand it anymore and have to depart. Secondly, no one willing to take the time to post a thread like that isn't passionate and enthusiastic about the industry. They have to be. And lastly, anyone who is a hardcore passionate gamer has a preference, there is no such thing as neutral when you feel so strongly about a particular industry. Even those that claim to be neutral aren't, they're preferences might be more spread out, but either way, they at least prefer 1 company just a little bit above all others. Most of us, however prefer one company greatly over the others.

The PS3 has a great lineup this year. But you fail to recognise the likes of Forza 3? Splinter Cell? and Halo ODSt in your post? Both consoles have great lineups, and both have shots of GOTY. They are pretty equal, even if ( IMO ) the PS3 is more shooter orientated.

Hmmm, before the summer we have PS3 "fans" stating it's the year of the PS3 once again. I'm pretty sure he was saying this last year and look how that turned out, even with MGS4 the PS3 didn't top the 360 lineup in a lot of peoples opinion, I'm including more professional and unbiased journalist in there than the person who wrote the article of course.

I'm sure PS3 owners will be happy at the games they'll get but it's getting very old now hearing all the bluster regarding a console that is still yet to outsell it's competitors over the course of a year.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Megadude said:
kowenicki said:
@trios

I can imagine that is tricky...

lol

But he was from Texas... and he did struggle to get the link between England and English...

I would also like to point out that a proper English sentence should never begin with the word "But". 

On topic: 360 fans don't seem to want to be involved in list wars anymore.

That's becuase our list = Top selling games while PS3 list = avarage selling games

So since you want to bring in sales, how about I bring in the Wii list that has Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Mario and Sonic, etc having way better sales than everything else...because we all know those are the top tier quality games, right?

and this helps the PS3rd how?...So your point is not only is the PS3rd losing to Xbox 360 but it's being molified by the Wii and it's sales....

Or is you point the fact that -$ony is still losing money on the PS3rd and that all it's fanboys are waiting for a life saving price cut?

dcIKeeL said:
V-r0cK said:
To sum up what he said ..."2009 is PS3's year" XD

Of course it is!!! Just like every other year.

To the OP: No one that works exclusively with an affiliated entity (company) can stay neutral for long, it's just human nature. That being said, If you truly wanted to make your point valid, why not wait until E3??? I mean, it's almost here, and it would have solidified your point greatly, assuming things remain the same in the software department after E3.

I prefer the 360, and although I believe that after E3 360s' lineup will be vastly improved, I still don't believe it will surpass the ps3s' upcoming lineup, but it'll be much much closer.

I don't understand why you couldn't wait after E3 if you're not a fanboy. Jumping the gun and bashing another companies software right BEFORE the biggest convention/show of the videogame industry is nothing but fanboyish. Is the reason you couldn't wait is because you just couldn't contain yourself and had to point the software discrepency out? If reason A, that's fanboyish. Did you fear that after E3 the tides would turn or at least even out and felt it was a now or never type of thing? If so, that's fanboy 101. I really don't see another reason why you just couldn't hold off on this thread just a bit longer. Like i said before, u can't work for a completely bias and exclusively devoted entity without eventually displaying the same bias sentiments. It's either that or you can't stand it anymore and have to depart. Secondly, no one willing to take the time to post a thread like that isn't passionate and enthusiastic about the industry. They have to be. And lastly, anyone who is a hardcore passionate gamer has a preference, there is no such thing as neutral when you feel so strongly about a particular industry. Even those that claim to be neutral aren't, they're preferences might be more spread out, but either way, they at least prefer 1 company just a little bit above all others. Most of us, however prefer one company greatly over the others.

Just in case your confused the OP are not the Words of the VGC member..Unless they are then he works for PSExtreme site..

slowmo said:
Hmmm, before the summer we have PS3 "fans" stating it's the year of the PS3 once again. I'm pretty sure he was saying this last year and look how that turned out, even with MGS4 the PS3 didn't top the 360 lineup in a lot of peoples opinion, I'm including more professional and unbiased journalist in there than the person who wrote the article of course.

I'm sure PS3 owners will be happy at the games they'll get but it's getting very old now hearing all the bluster regarding a console that is still yet to outsell it's competitors over the course of a year.

It's funny how half the year is almost gone and the PS3 is yet to overtake the 360....Ps3 domination during the holidays confirmed?

Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Megadude said:
kowenicki said:
@trios

lol

But he was from Texas... and he did struggle to get the link between England and English...

I would also like to point out that a proper English sentence should never begin with the word "But". 

That's becuase our list = Top selling games while PS3 list = avarage selling games

So since you want to bring in sales, how about I bring in the Wii list that has Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Mario and Sonic, etc having way better sales than everything else...because we all know those are the top tier quality games, right?

and this helps the PS3rd how?...So your point is not only is the PS3rd losing to Xbox 360 but it's being molified by the Wii and it's sales....

Or is you point the fact that -$ony is still losing money on the PS3rd and that all it's fanboys are waiting for a life saving price cut?

No...my point is you're calling out "the list" for PS3 games....which always end up being quality games, by barking sales number for 360 games. This leads me to believe that since the likes of Halo sells better than PS3 exclusives, you think that the 360 library is of more quality. So, I bring in things like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, which have outsold everything....does that make them better games? No.

And I'm sick of you Xbots (since you want to start name calling) condescending a PS3 price, or did you already forget what a $400 PS3 did to a $350 360?

BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Megadude said:
kowenicki said:
@trios

lol

No...my point is you're calling out "the list" for PS3 games....which always end up being quality games, by barking sales number for 360 games. This leads me to believe that since the likes of Halo sells better than PS3 exclusives, you think that the 360 library is of more quality. So, I bring in things like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, which have outsold everything....does that make them better games? No.

And I'm sick of you Xbots (since you want to start name calling) condescending a PS3 price, or did you already forget what a $400 PS3 did to a $350 360?

Errmm...Last year?.....During the MGS4 period?....or this year..Where the PS3 has lost practically every week?