By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 Hits Stride, Xbox 360 Standing Still

Zizzla_Rachet said:
dcIKeeL said:
V-r0cK said:
To sum up what he said ..."2009 is PS3's year" XD

Of course it is!!! Just like every other year.

To the OP: No one that works exclusively with an affiliated entity (company) can stay neutral for long, it's just human nature. That being said, If you truly wanted to make your point valid, why not wait until E3??? I mean, it's almost here, and it would have solidified your point greatly, assuming things remain the same in the software department after E3.

I prefer the 360, and although I believe that after E3 360s' lineup will be vastly improved, I still don't believe it will surpass the ps3s' upcoming lineup, but it'll be much much closer.

I don't understand why you couldn't wait after E3 if you're not a fanboy. Jumping the gun and bashing another companies software right BEFORE the biggest convention/show of the videogame industry is nothing but fanboyish. Is the reason you couldn't wait is because you just couldn't contain yourself and had to point the software discrepency out? If reason A, that's fanboyish. Did you fear that after E3 the tides would turn or at least even out and felt it was a now or never type of thing? If so, that's fanboy 101. I really don't see another reason why you just couldn't hold off on this thread just a bit longer. Like i said before, u can't work for a completely bias and exclusively devoted entity without eventually displaying the same bias sentiments. It's either that or you can't stand it anymore and have to depart. Secondly, no one willing to take the time to post a thread like that isn't passionate and enthusiastic about the industry. They have to be. And lastly, anyone who is a hardcore passionate gamer has a preference, there is no such thing as neutral when you feel so strongly about a particular industry. Even those that claim to be neutral aren't, they're preferences might be more spread out, but either way, they at least prefer 1 company just a little bit above all others. Most of us, however prefer one company greatly over the others.

Just in case your confused the OP are not the Words of the VGC member..Unless they are then he works for PSExtreme site..

huh??? sorry but i'm lost, idk what you mean?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Fanboy warning.
Only a fanboy can't have been anything but disappointed by that new gameplay footage of HR.

Your comment made me take a look at it. And, unfortunatly, it seems the game is played almost solely through quick-time events. Interspaced with cutscenes.

Let's hope it's better than that.

This is invisible text!

dcIKeeL said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
dcIKeeL said:
V-r0cK said:
To sum up what he said ..."2009 is PS3's year" XD

Of course it is!!! Just like every other year.

To the OP: No one that works exclusively with an affiliated entity (company) can stay neutral for long, it's just human nature. That being said, If you truly wanted to make your point valid, why not wait until E3??? I mean, it's almost here, and it would have solidified your point greatly, assuming things remain the same in the software department after E3.

I prefer the 360, and although I believe that after E3 360s' lineup will be vastly improved, I still don't believe it will surpass the ps3s' upcoming lineup, but it'll be much much closer.

I don't understand why you couldn't wait after E3 if you're not a fanboy. Jumping the gun and bashing another companies software right BEFORE the biggest convention/show of the videogame industry is nothing but fanboyish. Is the reason you couldn't wait is because you just couldn't contain yourself and had to point the software discrepency out? If reason A, that's fanboyish. Did you fear that after E3 the tides would turn or at least even out and felt it was a now or never type of thing? If so, that's fanboy 101. I really don't see another reason why you just couldn't hold off on this thread just a bit longer. Like i said before, u can't work for a completely bias and exclusively devoted entity without eventually displaying the same bias sentiments. It's either that or you can't stand it anymore and have to depart. Secondly, no one willing to take the time to post a thread like that isn't passionate and enthusiastic about the industry. They have to be. And lastly, anyone who is a hardcore passionate gamer has a preference, there is no such thing as neutral when you feel so strongly about a particular industry. Even those that claim to be neutral aren't, they're preferences might be more spread out, but either way, they at least prefer 1 company just a little bit above all others. Most of us, however prefer one company greatly over the others.

Just in case your confused the OP are not the Words of the VGC member..Unless they are then he works for PSExtreme site..

huh??? sorry but i'm lost, idk what you mean?

The OP is from an article on PSEXtreme.com

Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Megadude said:
kowenicki said:
@trios

I can imagine that is tricky...

lol

But he was from Texas... and he did struggle to get the link between England and English...

I would also like to point out that a proper English sentence should never begin with the word "But". 

On topic: 360 fans don't seem to want to be involved in list wars anymore.

That's becuase our list = Top selling games while PS3 list = avarage selling games

So since you want to bring in sales, how about I bring in the Wii list that has Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Mario and Sonic, etc having way better sales than everything else...because we all know those are the top tier quality games, right?

and this helps the PS3rd how?...So your point is not only is the PS3rd losing to Xbox 360 but it's being molified by the Wii and it's sales....

Or is you point the fact that -$ony is still losing money on the PS3rd and that all it's fanboys are waiting for a life saving price cut?

No...my point is you're calling out "the list" for PS3 games....which always end up being quality games, by barking sales number for 360 games. This leads me to believe that since the likes of Halo sells better than PS3 exclusives, you think that the 360 library is of more quality. So, I bring in things like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, which have outsold everything....does that make them better games? No.

And I'm sick of you Xbots (since you want to start name calling) condescending a PS3 price, or did you already forget what a $400 PS3 did to a $350 360?

Errmm...Last year?.....During the MGS4 period?....or this year..Where the PS3 has lost practically every week?

No. End of October/Early November 2007 to when the 360 cut the price to $300 in September of 2008

BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
BMaker11 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Megadude said:
kowenicki said:
@trios

I can imagine that is tricky...

lol

But he was from Texas... and he did struggle to get the link between England and English...

I would also like to point out that a proper English sentence should never begin with the word "But". 

On topic: 360 fans don't seem to want to be involved in list wars anymore.

That's becuase our list = Top selling games while PS3 list = avarage selling games

So since you want to bring in sales, how about I bring in the Wii list that has Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Mario and Sonic, etc having way better sales than everything else...because we all know those are the top tier quality games, right?

and this helps the PS3rd how?...So your point is not only is the PS3rd losing to Xbox 360 but it's being molified by the Wii and it's sales....

Or is you point the fact that -$ony is still losing money on the PS3rd and that all it's fanboys are waiting for a life saving price cut?

No...my point is you're calling out "the list" for PS3 games....which always end up being quality games, by barking sales number for 360 games. This leads me to believe that since the likes of Halo sells better than PS3 exclusives, you think that the 360 library is of more quality. So, I bring in things like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, which have outsold everything....does that make them better games? No.

And I'm sick of you Xbots (since you want to start name calling) condescending a PS3 price, or did you already forget what  a $400 PS3 did to a $350 360?

Errmm...Last year?.....During the MGS4 period?....or this year..Where the PS3 has lost practically every week?

No. End of October/Early November 2007 to when the 360 cut the price to $300 in September of 2008

so two weeks?....your asking me to base sucess on two weeks in 2007?...

So what happened that holiday season...the 2007

Around the Network

Weekly sales of the Xbox 360 grew by 30.9% to 252,000 systems per week, up from 192,500 in November. In November the PlayStation 3 sold 116,500 systems per week, growing to 159,500 systems per week in December, an increase of 36.7%. The Nintendo Wii grew by 10%, increasing from 245,250 to 270,000 systems per week. The only established current generation system last holiday, the Xbox 360, grew by 77% from November 2006 to December 2006.

?

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

WOW!!! I went thru all the posts and just laughed at all the 360 fanboy responses LOL!!!!.... Get the EFF outta here please!! hahaha...... Now back to inFamous.

FonzGemini said:
WOW!!! I went thru all the posts and just laughed at all the 360 fanboy responses LOL!!!!.... Get the EFF outta here please!! hahaha...... Now back to inFamous.

It's unfortunate that no one is out there writting garbage and being biased against the PS3

equal?

come on, halo 3 it's a expansion, and forza 3 it simply can't compare with GT5.

it's not bad, but u can compare the perfecionist of polyphony digital. it's blasphemy.