By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix looking for US partner; worried about PS3's lackluster performance

tk1797 said:
Wii dosen't have flash. Dosen't youtube and voeh work on it?

Youtube works just fine and since my PC got busted thanks to a virus or something around here I no longer visit here from my PC.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

pretty strong statements dodece, hard to see those occuring, i still see SE have alot of support in SOny specially with flashing that PS3 only sign at the end of FF trailer

but i do see these things occuring, not likely though

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Level 5 are much more consistent with their games then S-E. I don't think that they are better but that's only because they lack the killer franchises like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts that sell a lot of copies based on name alone.

As far as actual RPG game making goes, it's unmeasurable how far S-E have fallen and they only have themselves to blame.

Youtube works just fine and since my PC got busted thanks to a virus or something around here I no longer visit here from my PC.

I had that problem as well. I put all my firewalls and and everything on very high when browsing this site. 

jhlennon1 said:

Level 5 are much more consistent with their games then S-E. I don't think that they are better but that's only because they lack the killer franchises like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts that sell a lot of copies based on name alone.

As far as actual RPG game making goes, it's unmeasurable how far S-E have fallen and they only have themselves to blame.

I had that problem as well. I put all my firewalls and and everything on very high when browsing this site. 

i miss the premerger square

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lost tears of Kain said:
pretty strong statements dodece, hard to see those occuring, i still see SE have alot of support in SOny specially with flashing that PS3 only sign at the end of FF trailer

Well that may not prove current support. It could be proof of a previous agreement, just as MGS4 has a previous agreement with Sony*, even though Konami is also currently worried about the PS3's performance.

*Although GTA IV would have had an agreement, just like before, but Sony never asked for one. Did Sony actually think GTA had nothing to do with the PS2's success?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

if these agreements were made pre-launch then i bet Sony got a steal.

if they made exclusivity agreements on MGS and ff13 pre-launch they would be much cheaper to make then they are now. I'm assuming these are contracts.

Soriku said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Dude, that means nothing. NO DUH it's PS3 only.

Yes soriku, but to many reviews from ign etc, its like SE is reaffirming its for ps3 only, to actually say that it always will be, or to tell sony they are still backing them.....................

for now MUHAHAHAHHAHA

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Why would the big companies support PS3 for? The PS3 sales ridiculously low. PS3 is made of fail I am pretty sure that PS3 sales will not get better If Sony lowers the price Microsoft will. They should port their games till 360 so they can earn some money. PS3 games cost alot and with that userbase it is not a good ide to make exclusives for that console. Sony should be glad if PS3 sales can get near GC numbers max 20m.

I wish SE and Konami will flop with all their exclusive ps3 tittle , even though I loved all those tittle but helping Sony to stuff that $600 price tag in my throat I'll love to see them fail!!!!!

and before you guys flame me that I'm a cheap bastard or cant afford, I spend alot of money changing cell phone and upgrade computer every year or two. The amount I spend is way more than that $600 price tag. Everyone have a limit value to each item they want to buy, and that $600 price tag for a console is pretty rediculous, even $400 is too high for a console.

I'll buy a 360 or ps3 whenever these console drop their price to $250 range, and thats what I think they are worth to me. I dont care what other thing it can do, I'm only buying it to play games only! that shouldn't cost a fortune.