By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix looking for US partner; worried about PS3's lackluster performance

@ Onna

What's on the wii?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
No, I typed that on purpose.

For what? What you said in the previous post made abosutely no sence.

Third party publishers Loved the  Playstation, PS2, Gameboy and GBA mainly because their rapid sales and large userbases made it easy to allocate resources towards these platforms and know that you would see a return on investment in 12 or 24 months; the Dreamcast (on the other hand) struggled with third parties because most were sure that they were not going to see a return on investment in 12 or 24 months; and the N64, Gamecube and XBox lived somewhere in the middle with some publishers seeing value and others being unconvinced.

In terms of Sales the PS3 sits around the XBox and Gamecube but (so far) publishers have not let their expectation fall towards XBox and Gamecube levels. There are a lot of unrealistic expectations that the PS3 can recover to a level which no console has ever returned to after selling as poorly as the PS3. To a certain extent these expectations could become reality if Sony was agressive enough at solving its largest problem (its price) but we have seen little evidence of that.

To a certain extent, I think Square-Enix is looking for a US publisher because they know that selling any game on the PS3 will be a massive challenge (as compared to selling a game on the PS2) and they do not have the understanding of western markets to handle it on their own.

I thought you would be able to understand chat speak W29.

Ur opinion is ronhg!11!oneone roughly translated is Your opinion is wrong.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

ssj12 said:
What are they talking about their main market for Final Fantasy is the US and Euro Markets... the Japanese typically dont buy Final Fantasy titles they buy Dragon Quest.

Unless there is a serious error in the sites software numbers, or they just ship a lot of copies in Japan that never sell, that is just wrong.  The only two titles listed on the site that did better in the US are Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC) and Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (GBA).

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=Final+Fantasy&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Third party publishers Loved the  Playstation, PS2, Gameboy and GBA mainly because their rapid sales and large userbases made it easy to allocate resources towards these platforms and know that you would see a return on investment in 12 or 24 months; the Dreamcast (on the other hand) struggled with third parties because most were sure that they were not going to see a return on investment in 12 or 24 months; and the N64, Gamecube and XBox lived somewhere in the middle with some publishers seeing value and others being unconvinced.

In terms of Sales the PS3 sits around the XBox and Gamecube but (so far) publishers have not let their expectation fall towards XBox and Gamecube levels. There are a lot of unrealistic expectations that the PS3 can recover to a level which no console has ever returned to after selling as poorly as the PS3. To a certain extent these expectations could become reality if Sony was agressive enough at solving its largest problem (its price) but we have seen little evidence of that.

To a certain extent, I think Square-Enix is looking for a US publisher because they know that selling any game on the PS3 will be a massive challenge (as compared to selling a game on the PS2) and they do not have the understanding of western markets to handle it on their own.

That and it could be a FFXIII multi-platform in America.

dtewi said:

If people are entitled to say Halo 3 is boring, then I can speak my opinion and be entitled to say what I want.

Soriku said:
W29 said:
dtewi said:

If people are entitled to say Halo 3 is boring, then I can speak my opinion and be entitled to say what I want.

What're you talking about?

I'm speaking Soriku lanuguage.

*~Onna76~* said:
W29 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
tk1797 said:
Why we still talking about Squre Enix, when Level 5 is doing everything Square Enix is doing but better. IMO.

A-GREE!!! Dark Cloud Dark Chronicle Dragon Quest VIII Jeanne d'Arc Rogue Galaxy Professor Layton and the Mysterious Village White Knight Chronicles Professor Layton and the Phantom Box

Well most of those properties are either Nintendo, Sony or Square Enix.

Released not ''produced'' and professor Layton they release under own trademark :P SSJ you're joking right? DQ may sell more but FF is still the second best selling RPG in Japan. SORIKU indeed you're typing bla bla in your last post. Nasty hey typing with the remote, same here. TK1797 And that on the WII :D

Your correct but it doesnt sell half as much as Dragon Quest in Japan. Dragon Quest sells like crap in the US and Europe unlike Final Fantasy. The game franchises are the complete opposite of eachother in terms of sales even though they both sell millions in all markets. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think they just want an American publisher to make cheap casual games for the Wii so they can actually turn a profit until the PS3 stops being such a failure.

Square Sports here we come. Maybe an action RPG here or there.  Meh.

Aso.

Does just plane Enix count.  I've yet to play Jeanee D'Arc something i hope to remedy soon.  But if it only "rivals" Knight of Lodis i'm worried.

The original Tactics Ogre was far better.  Which I believe was an Enix production.  Knight of Lodis cut out the CT system for whatever reason which really hurts the gameplay.