By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 to make the greatest sales comeback in history of console sales wars

coolestguyever said:
PS3 is going to dominate the 360 in sales once its dropped to $299. I predict within 2 years of a $299 price point the PS3 will have cut the deficit to about 3 million, and within about 3 1/2 years the PS3 will be ahead of the 360.

I bet the PS3 outsells the 360 by 50k per week on average for the next 2 years once its down to $299. That's how I got the 3 million number [8,000,000 - (104 x 50,000)].

So, are you forecasting which of the following?

1. The 360 will sell close to what the PS3 is doing now, or worse.

2. The PS3 will sell close to what the Wii is currently selling, CONSISTENLY over the next 2 years, once the price hits $299 for the lower end system?

Explain where the average of 50K per week more than the 360 is coming from.

Around the Network
Mojo said:
I'm entering this conversation with an unbiased approach. I only own the wii but want to get a hi-def system. I have a PS2 so I was inclined to get a PS3. But, I was debating for a while and for me the xbox comes out on top. FFXIII on the xbox is a huge blow to Sony. There are also quite a few games on the xbox that I can't wait to catch up on.

You would be supprised how many people that only had ps2, played it once in awhile, now want a ps3 just because of the brand..  They play a xbox 360 and  just bought  that instead.

rckrz6 said:
Mojo said:
I'm entering this conversation with an unbiased approach. I only own the wii but want to get a hi-def system. I have a PS2 so I was inclined to get a PS3. But, I was debating for a while and for me the xbox comes out on top. FFXIII on the xbox is a huge blow to Sony. There are also quite a few games on the xbox that I can't wait to catch up on.

You would be supprised how many people that only had ps2 that only want a ps3, then the day comes where they acually play a xbox 360. 

I remember around 2006 timeframe, on a contract assignment I was working on  E3 was out, and people at where I worked were discussing the next generation consoles.  They were all like "Sony can do no wrong".  "Sony will dominate", and so on.  I thought the Wii was a wildcard, that had potential on price and other things, to take off.  It was because Sony was believed to be Sony.  Funny how things turn.  Be curious what people think now.  I am no longer in that work area.

rafichamp said:
A slim/white PS3, with FFXIII, FFVXIII, and Gran Turismo 5 and God of War 3 and a price cut, will kill the 360.

Will they join the list?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

This what happened to the Cell and it's games

Thank you Miyamoto...Well Love second place

Edit:I don't know what's  with the embed here is a link to video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oFJ87G85-E

Around the Network

The software will not be enough to bring it back.

Face it, they lost.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

It's not like the 360 won't get ANYMORE games, there is at least another few years left in its lifetime. The PS3 could theoretically not come out with anymore good games and the 360 could have nothing but great exclusives. But that's not gonna happen.

i cant ever see the PS3 beating the 360, it has a better library, it's got some good exclusives comeing, and why do you hate the 360 anyway? i only see the PS3 shortening the gap, not destroying it.

TX109 said:
i cant ever see the PS3 beating the 360, it has a better library, it's got some good exclusives comeing, and why do you hate the 360 anyway? i only see the PS3 shortening the gap, not destroying it.

No, its the consumer and their money who determine what is good and what is bad. It is their choice on what games they find enjoyable. Though this, they make that company money so it can produce more games,. The company with games that dont sell do not push their product further and will go out of business or fall behind.

Think of it as natural selection. Except the selection is done by what consumers desire.

By this, the 360 has a better library becuase it has more million sellers and higher selling ones. There is content the consumer wants.

In order for the PS3 to make a comeback, they need outstanding Christmas seasons from now on.

Performing well at this year's E3 will certainly help.