By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 17 companies sue Switzerland over Microsoft contract

Soleron said:
goddog said:
jlauro said:
yo_john117 said:

So if some of the other options like Linux are free, then how do they make money?

Support contracts, which can cost more than MS....   but are optional.

and training support,  dont forget new compliance policies and security protocols that will need to be developed, and custom made software the company will have to pay for when legacy software does not work, and there are no alternatives .... stares with hate at maximo and people soft .... I cant remember does acrobat pro have an linux version ... i think it does ...   oh and then cognos, bmc remedy and what ever else your running 

A lot of which is neccessary even when just changing from XP to Vista or XP to Win7.

all of the apps i listed there work with windows from 98-07 and your right it can be a problem but moving from one bloated OS with legacy issues to another is easier then moving to a whole new OS 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
goddog said:
Soleron said:
goddog said:

and training support,  dont forget new compliance policies and security protocols that will need to be developed, and custom made software the company will have to pay for when legacy software does not work, and there are no alternatives .... stares with hate at maximo and people soft .... I cant remember does acrobat pro have an linux version ... i think it does ...   oh and then cognos, bmc remedy and what ever else your running 

A lot of which is neccessary even when just changing from XP to Vista or XP to Win7.

all of the apps i listed there work with windows from 98-07 and your right it can be a problem but moving from one bloated OS with legacy issues to another is easier then moving to a whole new OS 

All of the apps you listed work in Linux...

A few others don't though, I agree.

It doesn't matter what it is. You will not win a case against M$ in a lawsuit. For example, we all know M$ knew about RRoD problems, and they got sued for it by some dude in California and the guy used all the same reasoning and sources we would use to prove the situation after like 5 360s failed on him.....and M$ still won.......

http://www.thestandard.com/news/2008/10/17/xbox-360-rrod-class-action-lawsuit-filed-california

If you can't beat them when that much evidence is stacked against them, and any sane person would find them guilty...you can't beat them in any lawsuit

BMaker11 said:
It doesn't matter what it is. You will not win a case against M$ in a lawsuit. For example, we all know M$ knew about RRoD problems, and they got sued for it by some dude in California and the guy used all the same reasoning and sources we would use to prove the situation after like 5 360s failed on him.....and M$ still won.......

http://www.thestandard.com/news/2008/10/17/xbox-360-rrod-class-action-lawsuit-filed-california

If you can't beat them when that much evidence is stacked against them, and any sane person would find them guilty...you can't beat them in any lawsuit

The lawsuit is against Switzerland, not Microsoft.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
BMaker11 said:

The lawsuit is against Switzerland, not Microsoft.

Ahh, whatever. Microsoft is involved, so whoever is against whatever side M$ is on is gonna lose