By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In all honesty The Xbox 360 controller is annoying

i had similar issues when i was using some lower quality rechargeable batteries....when using normal batteries or the pack i dont have those issues.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

You need new batteries, and if you are using rechargeables a good recharger.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Xen said:
piggychan said:
also the controller switches itself off if you leave it idle for 10 mins

Hmm? so does the PS3 one.

Nice one.

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2lxwas9.gif[/IMG]

I use different types of rechargeable batteries for my 360 controller (Energizer, Panasonic and off brand) and so far had no major problems when it comes to battery life. I also have a wired 360 controller which comes in handy when I have no fully charged batteries handy. The 360 controller is easily one of my favorite gaming controllers of all times.

If you guys want good batteries I would get Eneloop. For a good charger, La Crosse Technology BC-900 will do. Both got 4.5 stars in Amazon.

Around the Network

I love the 360 controller, minus the dpad.

i like the Xbox 360 controller and i like the DS3

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

My modded X360 controller.

Perfect controller, even the D-pad works properly. Cost me $0

Xbox 360 controller are the best controller on this planet.
Removable batteries FTW.

I'm disappointed with my 2 Dualshock3 because they always need to recharge, even if I don't use one for weeks... they loose their charge even if I don't use them...

For my 360 controllers, I use Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries, the best rechargeable batteries on the market.
Go buy them, you won't regret it.

Eneloops keep their charge if not used... even after years.
And they last very long in my 360 controller, same thing in my Canon digital camera.

I'm not lying, even if I use my 360 far more often than my PS3, by the time I'll need to recharge my Eneloop batteries in my 360 controller, I'll have to plug my Dualshock3 at least 3 times to recharge them because they won't have any red blinking lights anymore when I press the XMB button (no more power).

My Gaming Setup

Neoraf said:

Xbox 360 controller are the best controller on this planet.
Removable batteries FTW.

I'm disappointed with my 2 Dualshock3 because they always need to recharge, even if I don't use one for weeks... they loose their charge even if I don't use them...

For my 360 controllers, I use Sanyo Eneloop AA batteries, the best rechargeable batteries on the market.
Go buy them, you won't regret it.

Eneloops keep their charge if not used... even after years.
And they last very long in my 360 controller, same thing in my Canon digital camera.

I'm not lying, even if I use my 360 far more often than my PS3, by the time I'll need to recharge my Eneloop batteries in my 360 controller, I'll have to plug my Dualshock3 at least 3 times to recharge them because they won't have any red blinking lights anymore when I press the XMB button (no more power).

La Crosse Technology BC-900 AlphaPower Battery Charger

It's true so many high ratings from many people can't be wrong. Get Eneloop and that charger, you will not regret.