By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo killing core gaming?

I miss the time when nerds were just nerds. Nerds bullying other people because they are not cool enough to play their favorite games would be a inconceivable thing a decade ago. If the guy who wrote the article had a full time job and a social life he would know that some people don`t have the time or interest to play these "hardcore" games.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

saying guitar hero takes no skill = epic fail

im guessing you cant play expert???

figures...

No, waves and waves of shovelware is killing gaming.

and the iPhone.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

yanamaster said:
@ Psrock

you are really starting to be annoying with your delusional point of view. Time and time again you are being proved wrong by another forum member but you still keep going at it like a bad broken record that should be put in the trash.

If nintendo is soley focused on being nice to the casuals then tell me this, why did Miyamoto and company make a Zelda, Mario, Punchout!! and many other games this generation and why have they confirmed that they're working on future iterations of these titles already?

And to tell the truth, if Nintendo is about casual players then Sony is about serving immature players that have this trogloditic craving for brutality. that's the conclusion that you might get to when listening to core gamer wishes over what games should be like (especially when listening to God Of War devs, baarrrf).

I am sorry for being annoying. But to be fair, Naz makes everyone looks stupid, he's that good of a debator. I voted for him you know. However, i never said anything bad or trashed Nintendo in this thread. It's just whenever someone says anything Nintendo fans, they attack. At least NAZ makes a point, but I still disagree with him.

BTW, I might be wrong on this, How many games does Nintendo publish for the wii compared to SONY for the PS3? It seems to be very close.

i HAVE 48 for the wii vs 47 for Sony

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Not this load of doo doo (i mean crap) again. obviously this guy has forgotten about the past generations where all you could do in a controller is move up, down, left right and only have two measely buttons. Until things started to get a little complicated by adding 2 or more buttons, and adding shoulder buttons til to a point where you have 18 accessible buttons that only the hardcore can understand.

I swear, im tired of hearing these so called *analysts* saying that the industry is dying because of nintendo and such. Since when did these third party developers (along with sony and MS) did anything to woo and save the industry beside drilling bigger holes in thier wallet for exchange of great graphics and downloadable features. the home console market in japan is shrinking which is what nintendo is trying to reverse it by attracting new customers with simpler more casual games so that one day they can pick up a game like zelda mario and become future hardcore gamers.

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn't care about your fuzzy and contrived definitions of "core" and "casual" they just make damn brilliant games that are fun for as many people as possible. They don't see a difference.

I'm looking forward to wii sports resort as much as the next man, and I've been a so-called "core" gamer since 1991.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

psrock said:
yanamaster said:
@ Psrock

you are really starting to be annoying with your delusional point of view. Time and time again you are being proved wrong by another forum member but you still keep going at it like a bad broken record that should be put in the trash.

If nintendo is soley focused on being nice to the casuals then tell me this, why did Miyamoto and company make a Zelda, Mario, Punchout!! and many other games this generation and why have they confirmed that they're working on future iterations of these titles already?

And to tell the truth, if Nintendo is about casual players then Sony is about serving immature players that have this trogloditic craving for brutality. that's the conclusion that you might get to when listening to core gamer wishes over what games should be like (especially when listening to God Of War devs, baarrrf).

I am sorry for being annoying. But to be fair, Naz makes everyone looks stupid, he's that good of a debator. I voted for him you know. However, i never said anything bad or trashed Nintendo in this thread. It's just whenever someone says anything Nintendo fans, they attack. At least NAZ makes a point, but I still disagree with him.

BTW, I might be wrong on this, How many games does Nintendo publish for the wii compared to SONY for the PS3? It seems to be very close.

Please note my list above.  That is all you need to see to show you that your assertion is invalid.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I find it weird when certain fanboy's try and tie in their sex lives to a videogame console. It's weird and to be honest, a little bit sick. If you want to have more luck with the ladies, you'll do much better with a good job, some fresh gear, doing some pushups, etc.

The line: "would you like to play Wii with me" could be easily replaced by: "would you like to go to the movies?" "go to dinner?" "snort this bag of coke?"

You're success/failure ratio sexually is independent of your Wii ownership.

Megadude said:

I find it weird when certain fanboy's try and tie in their sex lives to a videogame console. It's weird and to be honest, a little bit sick. If you want to have more luck with the ladies, you'll do much better with a good job, some fresh gear, doing some pushups, etc.

The line: "would you like to play Wii with me" could be easily replaced by: "would you like to go to the movies?" "go to dinner?" "snort this bag of coke?"

True story:

I brought my Wii over to a girl's house and stayed over for a couple days.  Within 2 weeks of me leaving her house, she married me.

Coincidence?

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Megadude said:

True story:

I brought my Wii over to a girl's house and stayed over for a couple days.  Within 2 weeks of me leaving her house, she married me.

Coincidence?

No..Weird....

Lol JK. But you know if she was gonna let you crash at her house for multiple days you prolly already had a good chance of hooking up with her one way or another.