By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo killing core gaming?

E3 2008, seriously disappointing then a TGS almost no third party support showed something decent.

thats almost a year without games, in a year both 360 ps3 show better titles.

RE 5 kz2 sf4 gears 2 fable 2 . LBP.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
"I thought good games had stories, complex elements, art, dialog and a point."

I stopped reading after this quote.

It's a shame that you actually read that far into this lovely piece of an article.

Yeah, it's the weekend again, where the usual (legitimate) video gaming news is taking a two day break and the bloggers start typing away. Oh well, what can you do?*

*I've made a cardboard bunker in the back, I've got room for two more. ^_^

PS3 fans are always posting on the killer games coming
X360 fans love the great game library
Nintendo fans are having fun with the Wii
This post is a pile of fail and goes against the reality of gaming situation

mario galaxy is the best game of this generation
and you are saying nintendo is killing core gaming?

Nintendo....killing something? And they say Nintendo doesn't do violence.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Yup, Nintendo are trying to kill core and hardcore gaming, all Nintendo games are pretty pants hence why kids seem to like them....

FKNetwork said:
Yup, Nintendo are trying to kill core and hardcore gaming, all Nintendo games are pretty pants hence why kids seem to like them....

Yeah, kids love Wii Fit...

And if they're trying to kill "core" games why do they still plan on developing Zelda, Pikmin, and Fire Emblem games?

The PS3 and 360 came quite close to killing core gaming this gen with the dev costs of games for their systems. Even with the Wii saving a lot of 3rd parties, the PS3 and 360 have destroyed a handful already and will continue to destroy and shrink many more.

Thanks Nintendo, for stopping the industry from collapsing. Otherwise this may have been the last generation of gaming. Oh, and all you whiny little kids can call Nintendo casual after you beat Punch-Out!! Makes Halo 3 on Legendary look like Imagine Babies. Most of you kids aren't even old enough to know what a difficult game is, and grew up on the pampering of 3D gaming and the casual bloody gorefests that choose style over function.

And for the record, nothing in this industry is more casual than games targeted at teenagers. Play what you enjoy, but don't pretend the crap you like his high art and whatever crap everyone else likes is automatically worse.

naznatips said:

The PS3 and 360 came quite close to killing core gaming this gen with the dev costs of games for their systems. Even with the Wii saving a lot of 3rd parties, the PS3 and 360 have destroyed a handful already and will continue to destroy and shrink many more.

Thanks Nintendo, for stopping the industry from collapsing. Otherwise this may have been the last generation of gaming. Oh, and all you whiny little kids can call Nintendo casual after you beat Punch-Out!! Makes Halo 3 on Legendary look like Imagine Babies. Most of you kids aren't even old enough to know what a difficult game is, and grew up on the pampering of 3D gaming and the casual bloody gorefests that choose style over function.

And for the record, nothing in this industry is more casual than games targeted at teenagers. Play what you enjoy, but don't pretend the crap you like his high art and whatever crap everyone else likes is automatically worse.

MS and Sony still focused and their core games, while Nintendo completely went the other way, it's nice to bring third party into the convo, but i believe he was talking about the comapany itself.

And btw, why is it that 3rd party are still not making the wii their main focus since it their savior, i always wondered about that. It's about time the wii get the main games like they are getting in JAPAN, there is no excuse for it not to happen yet.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Nintendo has released just as many core gamer games for Wii in the first 2.5 years as they did on N64 and GC. Go look it up.

I'm tired of people complaining that Nintendo doesn't serve the core gamer anymore when they certainly do.

The rEVOLution is not being televised