By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's the best 4-player game for PS3

@ Gilgamesh

I just forgot about LBP and you can't play through the campaigne with multiplayer in R2 so that really sucked.

R2's main story is single player optimised, like Bioshock and the bulk of other FPS shooters.

You could try Calling All Cars from the PSN, it's a fun game especially in 4 player mode. Probably there are more such games on the PSN, like Rag Doll Kung Fu. I only have 2 controllers myself, for off line 4 player fun I need to go next door to my sister, she has another 2 controllers.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Hot Shots Golf 5, although ofcourse you take turns in that game, but the other players can shout in some comments - it's funny ;)

MikeB said:
@ Gilgamesh

I just forgot about LBP and you can't play through the campaigne with multiplayer in R2 so that really sucked.

R2's main story is single player optimised, like Bioshock and the bulk of other FPS shooters.

You could try Calling All Cars from the PSN, it's a fun game especially in 4 player mode. Probably there are more such games on the PSN, like Rag Doll Kung Fu. I only have 2 controllers myself, for off line 4 player fun I need to go next door to my sister, she has another 2 controllers.

Well Resistance: Fall of man was single player story but they still had multiplayer campaign.

I just really wanted to show it off to my friends and I can't now. It had a really good story and the bosses were insane. Online multipayer is alright, but the campaigne is a much better experience to go through, espiacially if there was a friend playing along side you.

@ Gilgamesh

Well Resistance: Fall of man was single player story but they still had multiplayer campaign.

I just really wanted to show it off to my friends and I can't now. It had a really good story and the bosses were insane.

I know, but for example those bosses and other game elements would require different design to play through in co-op. Co-op would also mean different fine tuning with regard to difficulty and such. It requires a different style of planning.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

LittleBigPlanet, followed distantly by Warhawk and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift.

Around the Network

LBP

The Raw vs. Smackdown are 4 player games. And sports games of course.

I tryed few games with - 4 players splitscreen support. Here are my thoughts:

Raw vs. Smackdown - not fun
Dead or Alive 4 - excellent game for 4 players and a lot of beer
BAJA: Edge of Control - not bad/not too good :-\
Halo 2 - excellent game for 4 players
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - not fun
Bomberman - good game for 4 players
Worms - good game for 4 players
Castle Crashers - excellent game for 4 players and a lot of beer
FIFA - excellent game for 4 players

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

if u were online i would say sacred 2:fallen angel,r2 or lbp. offline lbp is about it, its good for awhile then it becomes boring.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1