By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Rate VG Chartz 2

@ tuoyo Just out of curiosity, how could you not use this site at work?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

First 8.5
Second 6 (It's just too messy)

Please register :)

If there's one thing the Wii taught us it's that gamers are threatened by change.

I'm posting this on a netbook btw with only the tiniest bit of slidebar on a 1024X600 resolution. You guys must have horrible resolutions if you aren't fitting everything on the screen, in which case you probably shouldn't be trying to post on computers from the 90s anyway.

7/10 better but other sites run quicker.

4/10.

Why? First of all, the size really annoys me! I have to scroll sideways to move through the menu-system and see what I'm doing. Secondly, the colourscheme looks much more grim and less open then it used to be, also, it's a lot more unpleasant to read posts like this and the number of posts per page seems to have decreased also. All changes for the worse. I was fine with the old one (+ a few updates here and there) and I like the white background way more. Feels more open and 'inviting'. If you can fix these issues (that I have come across in just 5 minutes, I'm sure there are more) in the next couple of days it'll be fine I guess!

Keep it up, the idea behind the site is great! 1.0 worked well, this overhaul didn't live up to 'the hype'... At all!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

9/10

Nicer, more professional look. Makes VGChartz look like a 'big player' instead of some snazzy cheap organisation, and I like change and don't like to moan constantly at people's hard work.
The website will continue to evolve and everyone should give it a chance.

Actually i like the new colour scheme, but what i dont understand is, why change the identity.
Vgchartz is known for blue and white. so stick to it. rebranding or a new corporate identity almost always fails .

the front page looks more professional to me, at a first look, i cant see any advantages or disadvantages. first impression was: "There are many pics now, the bar of market share has changed and appeals to me. and it takes longer to load now.

an optimistic 6.5 from me. i have to go and explore a little more.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

7.5/10. It's really buggy right now, and a lot of old features are missing, but I think I'll prefer the final version. This could go to a 9/10, higher than the 8.5/10 of VGC 1.0.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

4/10. This reminds me too much of other websites and the dark color scheme is not easy on the eyes. The front page is massively cluttered and quoting currently makes half a page of blank space before getting to the actual text. Version 1.0 was far superior to the current work.

+1 point for removing that weird space background that was on here earlier.

amp316 said:
@ tuoyo Just out of curiosity, how could you not use this site at work?

Cause anyone who saw my screen from ten miles away would know I was surfing the net.  In the six years I've been working I have never come across a site related to work that has a black background.  With the old white background it was a million times less obvious I wasn't working.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down