By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The official VGChartz 2.0 Thread

One good thing!

You can see the graph of the console sales change when you go over the respective region of sales

Around the Network

looks too much like gamespot,like the old colours better and why do I get a blank white box when I try to change my sig.

it won't let me do anything

Hisiru said:
Please, you have to understand that what I will say is just a opinion.

This new design is beautiful, but it is very very very boring, is a really nice design and we can clearly see the big work that you did. Now the site looks like a generic forum. The vgchartz was very simple before, but was very intuitive, easy to use, original, fun, etc.
THIS! THIS IS MY EXACT FEELING!
Its generic like other boards and makes you not wanna point. I was drawn to old VGC because it was different and simple. Not grey ugly like IGN or Gametrailer boards. =/

We need a pallet change option.

You also REALLY REALLY REALLY change the wall post position. It makes no sense being in the right.

I will repeat my issues on this page, but you should know that overall I think it is a big improvement.

1. The site has gone widescreen... and I cannot tolerate having to use a horizontal scroll, nor can I read anything if I zoom out.... In fact if this isn't changed (or someone recoomends me a fix that doesn't involve me buying a new laptop) then I would prefer the old site.... my other problems are more tolerable

2. Please scrap the idea around colouring the whole game title/thread title the specific companies colour... it is too much on the eyes going down a list swapping between green/orange/red/blue text... If there is just a small column with the little logo on as there is on the charts, then that is enough for people to easily recognise the difference between consoles without having an epileptic fit

3. I can't right click the links at the top of the page.

4. The quote boxes you view in the rich test editor use black text on a dark grey background.

5. As said above about the text for game titles in the charts being 1 colour... I mentioned using the little logos as the sole colour differentiators (except for highlighted new games) I like the new ones, but perhaps make them a little less bright, or extend the space between the text and the box they are in... also having the DS and Wii, or the PSP and PS3/2 the same colour is not enough seperation... I imagine one reason they may have been combined is so there are not even more colours contending for the game titles.... but if the game titles go back to being 1 colour it doesn't matter about having 5 colours for the little logos again.
Final point about the logos... the little tables underneath the weekly charts still use the old logos.

----

I think that's everything I have to complain about

As said though, everything else is a big improvement IMO... I wasn't sure I would like the black and orange (I had already stolen a picture of it when the site displayed an index list... nordlead stopped me showing it to too many) but it is nice.

Similarly we now have monthly/yearly "other" and world charts... which is awesome, and I love the links at the bottom of the page. The quick links are a little slower to use, but I much prefer them being out of the way now as I didn't use them much anyway.

----

Oh, final issue. Scrolling seems to be quite a bit laggier than before, but as that is a speed issue that would probably get fixed without anyone complaining about it.

Two minor complains: there is no tab in the main page for online forum in the recently posted threads part.

And, I wish there were more threads listed in that part. Before there were more.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

2.0 looks awesome man! No complaints from me. It'll take some getting used to but its aesthetically nice.

It looks pretty great !

Might be a little overkill on the front page but very slick design :p

Check out my game about moles ^

I hate black background, makes my eyes bleed.  There is a reason why top sites like google, yahoo, facebook, & even ign have white backgrounds.

Please just bring back the beautiful blue/white, it llooked fesh n innovative

keep everything else the same, or atleast let us change the colour scheme for personal use

Problems I have found thus far:

1) When clicking on (Quick Links) on your control panel.. The (Quick Links) Box of Options is cut off by an Ad.

2) Site Size, doesn't fit on my screen, cut off on the right side, have to move bottom bar to see whole page, changed rez does nothing on my 4x3 screen

3) Quoting: The quote portion of a reply is to Dark of Grey to be seen with the black text.

4) Chat is not working correctly

Will Update this reply when I find more.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o