By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I spent a few minutes freaking out because the Recent Threads area isn't on the front page. After I went in a thread and found out it wasn't gone completely, I think the new look is an improvement.

A couple suggestions: I don't know if it is possible to "customize" the front page by minimizing unwanted areas, but some people would probably like that.

And I think it would be nice to have the Recent Threads visible on the front page somehow.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

BTW I'm not seeing the "more professional" part of all these comments, I think the old one looked fine. "More like Gamespot" maybe, but I'm not sure that's an association we want to cultivate!

But this does look more "slick", and it's a considerable improvement as long as it doesn't slow things down too much. The first time I loaded the new site it took FOREVER, but hopefully that was a one time deal.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

I don't like it.

Looks like a kiddie website.
Less is always better.

Ugly, really I don't like it.
Design made by an amateur.

My Gaming Setup

Its actually very good. I like it. Its more professional. The ads kind of ruin it though but I guess that can't be avoided.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Overall I like it, but it will take me awhile to get used to.

Around the Network

Final-Fan said:
BTW I'm not seeing the "more professional" part of all these comments, I think the old one looked fine. "More like Gamespot" maybe, but I'm not sure that's an association we want to cultivate!

But this does look more "slick", and it's a considerable improvement as long as it doesn't slow things down too much. The first time I loaded the new site it took FOREVER, but hopefully that was a one time deal.

The website went a lot faster during the beta (which was running on the same server as the old website). Seems like a few bugs/issues cropped up with the launch.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Can't see boxart for games on their pages.

Blaiyan said:
Can't see boxart for games on their pages.

which pages, as I have no problem with any I've visted.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Looks nice, tho a little dark (color wise) and kinda feels a little less open-friendly. but ill get use to it.

Check this out!  Stuff was copy/pasted in from Word in the old VGChartz and some of it stayed black instead of turning white!  But if I paste in new stuff from Word it turns white in this post.  Maybe it's "grandfathered in".  LOL. 

Ew, the used links are ugly looking.  arglebargle New ones look a little better, but not as good as they used to IMO even though I like the color better, as a color, now.
[edit:  in the Rich Text Reply they're purple and blue respectively, but in the thread they're BOTH the SAME shade of orange??  I really don't like that.  I'd much prefer ugly used links to indistinguishable ones.]