By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix is better than ALL Japanese Devs Put together & stuck with glue

The World Ends With You is freakin' awesome, but other than re-releasing all of their good games from the past, they just aren't putting out many quality games. Hopefully 13 and VS will be awesome enough to justify the past 5 years of mediocrity and re-releases.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
spacecowgoesmoo said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

Do you mean to say that Final Fantasy tactics had the same story as the Gameboy Advance one's?....Or are talking about the PSp version

IMO, Tactics Advance 2's story was way too similar to Tactics Advance 1. The whole 'Kid gets sucked into an Ivalice book' thing. Tactics Advance 1 made it work with the semi-dark 'fantasy > reality' idea, but the story added to Tactics Advance 2 was crap, and way too light and happy. 'Wander around and be a tourist for a while so your magic teleporter book will activate'! They're not even trying. And then the game and battle system were so similar, it really felt like I was just playing the exact same game over again.

PS1/PSP Tactics's plot was great tho, but a little hard to follow.

Sure....I guess....Tactics Advance was ok and the in battle rules made it challenging...But as a far as story goes..It's up anyone's decision....Advance 2 was sequel..So I would Imagine it would have alot of similarities

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Vanversive said:
spacecowgoesmoo said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

Do you mean to say that Final Fantasy tactics had the same story as the Gameboy Advance one's?....Or are talking about the PSp version

IMO, Tactics Advance 2's story was way too similar to Tactics Advance 1. The whole 'Kid gets sucked into an Ivalice book' thing. Tactics Advance 1 made it work with the semi-dark 'fantasy > reality' idea, but the story added to Tactics Advance 2 was crap, and way too light and happy. 'Wander around and be a tourist for a while so your magic teleporter book will activate'! They're not even trying. And then the game and battle system were so similar, it really felt like I was just playing the exact same game over again.

PS1/PSP Tactics's plot was great tho, but a little hard to follow.

Tactics advance was basically the chronicles of narnia.... with moogles.

I have seen Narnia and Have played FF tactics..What the hell are you talking about?

I kinda get it.....but not really.

Its the premise of it. The idea that children get sucked into magical final fantasy land to join clans and battle monsters. Except they use a book instead of a wardrobe to get to it. FFTA took what was great about FFT and threw it out the window, at least story wise.

Vanversive said:
Its the premise of it. The idea that children get sucked into magical final fantasy land to join clans and battle monsters. Except they use a book instead of a wardrobe to get to it. FFTA took what was great about FFT and threw it out the window, at least story wise.

I agree the story was way different...and similar to Narnia..But the first Tactics Advance was not that bad..Though way different from Tactics on Ps1 but it was also more balanced

Around the Network

agreed

Japanese devs including Myamato (i know i spelled it wrong) of nintendo and Kojami????

What about part japanese? or Japanese people who work to make games? Do they count as well.?

ROFL.
Team ICO eats Square-Enix alive.

I think Nintendo is the best japanese developer, by far.

I LOVE ICELAND!

When Nintendo and Sega relocate, or are destroyed, then we can maybe discuss this.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.